TP-Link MR200 Bricked - FlyBox

Hello everyone,
Sorry, i'm little newbie about flashing and OpenWRT tips. :blush:
I tried to flash my Archer MR200 v1 locked from Orange Network.

I already read the information : [OpenWrt Wiki] TP-Link Archer MR200 v1
and try to make my own files, copy the bootloader from Orange Stock firmware to the OpenWrt firmware and get the ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin
but, after flash my own ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin with TFTP my device is bricked only one LED is on.

My original firmware inside the modem: 0.9.1 0.0 v004a.0 Build 180608 Rel.52037n
and i download the same as this version from Orange website also :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

May be, i make wrong operation or commands but i upload all files here (stock orange firmware, OpenWrt latest :point_right: https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/22.03.2/targets/ramips/mt7620/openwrt-22.03.2-ramips-mt7620-tplink_archer-mr200-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin , my ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin )

all files here ---> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e26a1w6kz1fa7/Archer_mr200_cust
and please, try to verify my own "C2V1_tp_recovery.bin"

commands:

dd if=orange_archer-mr200v1-0-9-1-0-0-up-boot-build-180608-rel-52037n.bin of=stock_orange_without_header.bin bs=512 skip=1

dd bs=512 obs=512 skip=1 count=256 if=stock_orange_without_header.bin of=MR200_Bootloader.bin

cat MR200_Bootloader.bin openwrt-22.03.2-ramips-mt7620-tplink_archer-mr200-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin > ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin

Thank you for your help and i'm so sorry for my English is so bad :pray: :pray:

If you bricked the bootloader the only recovery si flash programmer (raspberry pi) or dedicated. All the info is on the wiki

1 Like

If all the lights flash on then all but one go out, the bootloader may still be OK. The next step in troubleshooting would be to connect the serial port.

ok, i have already ordered a Ch341 Usb Programmer to try the unbrick operation.
The problem also is that i not take the backup before install OpenWrt :smirk:

When i press power button, all LED are on, but after, only single bar Led from network turn on, and when i connect LAN cable, it shows "unidentified network".

I was trying to configure manually the ip : 192.168.0.66 / 255.255.0.0 / 192.168.1.1 but TFTP not detected it.
so, i think my bootloader is bricked or MAC is erased.

i checked your files. found out that you cut 200 bytes out from the start of bootloader. probably you did cut twice.

Your only option is an external programmer. ch341 can do. remember to make backup for everything in rom first. BTW the router will never write the last 3 partition so its not too late yet

Okay,
Monday, i'll receive the Ch341 tool and try the unbrick operation.

And sorry, could you create for me a correct OpenWrt file (ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin) for my device please?

stock firmware: Orange_Stock_firm
(0.9.1 0.0 v004a.0 Build 180608 Rel.52037n)

OpenWrt: openwrt-22.03.2-ramips-mt7620-tplink_archer-mr200-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

and i want also if possible to have the correct commands, that you use to make this file.
Thank you very much.

I can make one for you later. The command is in the wiki. Probably just need to do it carefully. I simply used a hex editor to do this as i can see the raw data. This is how i know that instead of 200 bytes to cut, you cut 400 bytes which can only mean that you cut it twice.

Here is the recovery file as you requested

thank you very much,
i' still waiting to the programmer, but after, I'll return here to give you the news.

1 Like

Forgot to mention that you will need to rebuild the entire rom before you can flash it back. You need to include the last 3 partitions or it will have errors. This is why it is important to make a backup of original.

Hello everyone,
i'm back, and sorry for the delay because i have problem on delivery for CH341 programmer,

Finally, i unbrick my device and OpenWRT is installed (*)

I can't found the backup for my device, so, i read the flash from chip before, then modify the correct bytes for bootloader section (copy from Orange stock firmware)
Then write back, and device working.

After, i write ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery from gurangax via TFTP and it Done also.

only problem is: (*) i can't open http://192.168.225.1/login.html , it shows 404.
but , OpenWRT webui show on 192.168.1.1

Thank you

Here is the chip backup and modified to correct bootloader:

Neo_Reader_Orange_DUMP_fixed (mediafire.com)

Do you have adb installed?
Please output opkg list-installed | grep adb
If not you should have latest 22.03.2 openwrt version installed

ys, i have adb installed

and this:
192.168.225.1/login.html (connexion refused)
192.168.225.1 (404 not found)
Untitlqqqed

and 192.168.1.1, OpenWrt opened, but maybe this storage temporary have problem ? i don't know really.

If adb script is not run you cannot access login.html
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=blob_plain;f=target/linux/ramips/base-files/etc/init.d/enablemodem;hb=c8043137bbd323b1490ae8613eab915ba9c138ee

2 Likes

Yes that 404 error page came from the server built into the modem card. It means that the server is responding, but cannot or will not serve the page requested.

Disk space is OK. The report is the percentage used, not the percentage left free.

Strange is i didnt find this script in the master on 22.03 git tree. Was it (re)moved?
How does it still work on my device?
Maybe because it's migrated from 18.06 onwards?

I have no direct experience, but probably running the script once configures the modem persistently to have a GUI.

so, is not possible to open Orange Webui ?
i think that install OpenWrt on the router can access Orange Webui and OpenWrt both, but different Ip only ?

And, i try to install back the Orange Stock firmware.bin (file size: 52.2MB) from Settings > Device > Firmware Upgrade but it shows Upload failed, so why i think also the "Temp Space 28.14MB" can't receive this firmware.

Owao :pray: :blush: after launch manually the adb script :

sorry, how can i add this script to run automatically when device is turn on, is it have autorun or another ?