TP-link EAP225 v3 just one 5GHz network?

Hi all,

I actually do not have an issue but I do have a question. I have a nice Openwrt (22.03.0) network at home, with a R7800 being the main router + AP, a C2600 as switch/AP in the basement and since recent a TP-link EAP225 v3 in the attic. The network is working well, no issues there.

However when I do a 5 GHz channel analysis in Openwrt I see all neighbouring networks, except for the EAP225 v3. In that channel analysis, I only see the local interface. On 2,4 GHz I do see all neighbouring networks. And if I use Wifi Analyzer on my phone in the attic I also see neighbouring networks, so it's not that there are no neighbouring networks in the attic.

Any idea why that is, could it be a bug? Luckily performance is not affected though....

Is there any feedback from anyone?

I don't have the answer, but wanted to add that it's not unique to your device. At first I thought it was due to the driver, ath11k for my router (ipq8074A) but I think EAP225 its using ath79. My other theory is that it's due to support of DFS channels, router has to constantly scan for radar patterns which is interfering with SSID scanning. Interestingly, when I leave 5GHz SSID scanning for a long time (hours) I do get some results so perhaps there might be away to improve it.

Thanks for your reply!

I wasn't that familiar yet with DFS, but I do understand now that channel 52 is the lowest DFS channel. I have not experienced issues but I'll look into changing the channel to a lower channel.
I chose 52 as I have three AP's in the house, and by setting channel 36, 44 and 52 I got nice 40mhz channels without overlap.