TP LINK EAP225 outdoor slow speed but good wifi signal

Good day,

I am having problems on my tplink eap225 outdoor v1. I tried to speedtest when I was at a distance when my wifi signal was 3 bars, but at this stage I can't even connect to the internet. Is there a way to fix this or do I need to change the AP?
(I installed openwrt hoping the problem will get fixed. This problem also occured on its stock firmware)

I've tried several methods like changing the BW and channels of the AP but the problem is still there, I also tried changing the power of the AP but have same problem.

Sometimes when I am connecting to this AP after reboot, the device will get stuck at "Obtaining IP Address".

I hope someone can help me. Thank you very much.

What's the client ?

Just because the wifi signal of the EAP gives you three bars, doesn't mean the client have the same coverage, in the opposite direction.

How many bars does it get in the openwrt status screen ?

I mean when using devices like smartphones. On the smartphones it has 3 bars but can't connect to the internet.

Previous post / statement still stands.

What do you mean on what s the client?

The signal has to go back too, right?

Just because the EAPs signal can reach the cell phone, doesn't mean the signal from the phone is powerful enough to reach the EAP...

So it will depends on the whats connected to eap right??

Well, we can't be 100% sure, but yes, I would say so.

I asked several users of tp link eap225 and they are not encountering this type of problem. Is there a setting I need to change?

With the same usage scenario ?

I'd say it's a client issue, not an EAP issue.