TP-Link Archer C6 v2 tftp timeout

Hello,

i've got troubles flashing my Archer C6 v2.
The tftp-transfer of the renamed openwrt-ath79-generic-tplink_archer-c6-v2-squashfs-factory times out:

Here's my Setup:
Windows 10 with tftp64 -> USB-Eth-Adapter ->(100 Mbit)<- TP-Link TL-MR3420 v1.2 (LEDE 17.01) ->(100 Mbit)<- TP-Link Archer C6 v2 WAN-Interface

I've upgrade the C6 previously to the latest fw-release 1.2.0 Build 20191014 rel.33289(4555).

The tftp transfer starts but randomly stops in the middle.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Just found out what caused the issue:
the USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter with the Realtek RTL8153 chip inside

If you use an old USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet Adapter or a Native RJ45-Plug on your device it works perfectly.

-> Solved

2 Likes

I LOVE YOU

I thought I had bricked an Archer A7 I literally received yesterday but after searching desperately, I stumbled upon your thread and lo and behold, I was using a USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter that turned out to be Realtek as well.

I quickly turned on my old but trusty laptop and sure enough, TFTP flashed the firmware so fast I wasn't even able to see the progress bar. I waited and waited and the router finally restarted, I'm able to use it again!!!

Thanks so much for putting this out in the wild, you saved me from losing like $60. Greetings from El Salvador :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.