TP-Link Archer 2600 - Just flashed

Thankfully I found a BLOG linking to some firmware for this router. It allowed me to find and upgrade the router with LuCi preinstalled, something I don't yet know how to do myself. Can anyone explain how I'd do a full install with a laptop running Windows 10?

So here are a few questions

In the future to upgrade I should use the sysupgrade.bin image correct?
Is there a PDF manual for this thing?
Can I turn off the blinking LED's? Like entirely.

Anyways I'd like to learn more and possibly figure out how to install Openwrt, LuCi manually, then also do a recovery (which I have seen is possible) on it if I brick this router during an update.

Thanks!

In the future to upgrade I should use the sysupgrade.bin image correct?

Correct.

Is there a PDF manual for this thing?

PDF is a bad habit. If you can't figure out how to do it without PDF, then you can usually print from your browser to PDF. This should work for Windows. You can also use the browsers developer tools to remove unnecessary content, which is a bit more advanced.

I'd recommend keeping instructions short and saving to plaintext Markdown files.

Can I turn off the blinking LED's? Like entirely.

You can modify the configuration through System → LED configuration. Alternatively you can use the shell as written in the post:

uci del system.led_usb1
uci del system.led_usb2
uci del system.led_wan
uci del system.led_lan
uci commit

Anyways I'd like to learn more and possibly figure out how to install Openwrt, LuCi manually, then also do a recovery (which I have seen is possible) on it if I brick this router during an update.

I'd recommend starting at https://openwrt.org/downloads then check the FAQ and Wiki. That's the best way from my point of view to ensure the content is up to date and useful/relevant to OpenWrt users instead of following blog posts with possibly outdated deep links. 18.06.1 should be the latest release at the moment or check the respective thread in the forum for community builds.