TotoLink AC4300 A8000RU

I got no credit card (never did :slight_smile: ). Only PayPal and they don't accept that payment.

Unfortunately I'm out of luck.

No way to get that thing to Germany at the moment.

Thank you for the link.

I am furious , i remove all.

Yeah I know oldschool as f*ck :wink:

I'll see if anyone can help me out.

I'm not happy with my brandnew Belkin's RT3200 range at all. Sitting about 6m away I get only 500 instead of 2400Mbit @160MHz. That was not what I hoped for in the first place. I think I'm much better of with the Totolink and it's external antennas.

While range is good I don't know what your expectations are, throughput drops off quickly and very few devices have a 3T3R setup or better to link at such speeds.

Well if I look at this

then the Belkin has 1T1R on 5GHz. Or am I wrong?

TotoLink AC4300 has 4 antennas for 5Ghz + 4 Antennas for 5Ghz/2,4GHz. So it should be 2T2R on GHz + 2T2R on 5GHz/2,4GHz, right?

why not trying to adapt some external antennas ?

Btw i just discovered that in France, you can go up to 200mW for 5Ghz in the range 5150 - 5350 MHz
and up to 1000mW for the range 5470 - 5725 MHz :scream:

I had set my wifi5 at 100mw only in both range :upside_down_face:

Thx for the link. I appreciate your help, but I'd rather try to get hold on a TotoLink than to expand this to a DIY project. Even if I would modify the Belkin, I'd still be limited to the number of internal connections which is 1T1R for 5Ghz...

My neigbours offered to help me out so wish me luck on getting a TotoLink.

I got a few questions:

Is there any plan for a UBI version?

Does anybody have some photos of the internals? I'm especially interested in the cooling as the Belkin pictured above did a nice job there imho. And I want this to last long...

As the TotoLink has two 5GHz AC chips do I understand it right that both have different channels (36-64 + 100-173) hardcoded? Or can one choose any channel on both AC chips?

I also stumbled upon here, which I guess is quite related :wink: and has fantastic infos:

I'm able to push my Belkin's 5GHz (countrycode:ZA -South Africa, channel 128 @160MHz) to 501mW, but 1W, wow!

5509110d84984-ghk-blog-grilled-hot-dog-2-300

it's hardcoded (or rather "very hard to modify"), i already asked here about this.

That's me "cetipabo" in the forum lafibre.info :sweat_smile:

Maybe @anon69880279 can provide you some pictures of the motherboard, i think he opened one.

1 Like

I'm learning a lot here.

Well if possible it would be very nice of @anon69880279 to show some pictures indeed.

I'd also like to know which switch is used in the TotoLink and if there are any driver related problems with any of the hardware so far...

This should be as futureproof as possible for me.

I only change WIFI setup every few years:
From 200Mbit landline + Archer C7 + Intel AC 8265 to now 1000/50MBit landline+ Belkin RT3200/> TotoLink A8000RU + Intel AX210). Wifi 6E is not worth the price, not benefit for me as 1000MBit is the limit anyway.

thx shdf aka. cetipabo :slight_smile:

The switch is a RTL8367S

About the Wifi, remember this A8000RU doesn't support WIFI 6.

Ups you got me there. I was always reading AX instead of AC because I was used to AX on my Belkin. My bad.

But it doesn't matter since the bottleneck ist the WAN/LAN port with it's 1000MBit anyway. So AC with 1733 Mbps has enough bandwith to deliver the full landline speed (also 1000/50MBit). And I rather like a AC with a higher bandwith because of it's superior antennas then AX with a lower bandwith because of Belkin's mini antennas.

OFDMA in AX is not really a benefit for total overall speed I assume. And I don't have two AX clients that could transfer data between themselves.

I'm literally just on the verge to order the TotoLink and send the Belkin back.

Any objections? Any regrets so far?

3... 2... 1 ....

Hey there. Did you have any luck @fnkr2022 ? I asked at darty and they said they do not ship to germany. But they offer paypal. Are we talking about different shops here? I am also very interested in this piece of hardware.

i can see one here too, if it can help :
https://www.fnac.com/mp44583838/Routeur-TOTOLINK-GLADIATOR-AC4300-Gigabit-sans-fil-tri-bande-avec-port-USB-3-0/w-4

@fnkr2022 @dutty did you finaly find where to buy this router ?

Watching in the snapshot page, i just discovered this router, also using a MT7622 :

https://inf.news/en/digital/062ff05990c01e0dd0b777c40812a811.html
it also has 8 external antennas, with WIFI 6

I am furious , i remove all.

we can't find it anymore in France now...
$87 here but i don't know if they do international shipping.

For those interested, it's back again in France for 82€:
https://www.darty.com/nav/achat/informatique/reseau/modem_routeur_wi-fi/totolink_routeur_totolink_gladiator_ac4300_gigabit_sans_fil_tri_bande_avec_port_usb_3_0__MK1892839368.html

2 Likes

@Borromini

My phone never connected to any AP to something higher than 866Mbps, i thought it was the max it can do. by the way i don't have anything at home that can connect higher than 866Mbps...
The best i can do with my phone, with my router :

i don't know if the limitation is the Router or the phone.

here are my wifi settings in luci :

I don't have any problem problem with my wifi, but if it's true that my phone can do 1733Mhz then i never connected with that speed to my router, even when i tested the stock firmware.

1 Like

Thanks, as you can tell I'm really intrigued :slight_smile:. You had VHT160 set all along? That might explain hitting > 400 Mbps rates.

yes, it's set to 160Mhz for this radio, and on the other one, while it's possible to set 160Mhz too, it doesn't work, i have to set it to 80Mhz.
One radio can go from channel 36 to 64 @ 160Mhz
The other one can go from channel 100 to 165 @ 80Mhz
They splited the channels to avoid people to set both radio on the same channel i guess.

1 Like