TL-wr841n v14 image (bounty?)

Well, first impressions are GOOD. configured it like normal, with vlans and 2 ap's and seems to be holding up. That make you @maurer some kind of code wizzard, and if i can send you a voucher or coffe say where!

I looked at the config and can't say i understand where that amount of saving comes from. I mean i was relatively close to getting luci in there. But half a meg less and did i see firewall and dhcp (and even remnants of ip6). Which all can go imho.

I'll post is problems occur later, but otherwise i must say this far exceeds expectations

2 Likes

Great to see it s working. Saving come from kernel striping :slight_smile: . Did you rebuild the image or used my builds? Just want to confirm it's working as I don't have a unit to test it anymore

1 Like

I started with yours. They seemed to work, i only ran it for an hour.
Then i recompiled and switched dnsmesg and dropbear off. Couldn't switch off firewall and didn't bother with ip6.
The result was 30k smaller (insignificant) but had several Mb more RAM available, so i kept with that and flashed already 12.
Thanks again man. That is really magic (in the definition of so complicated it may as well be). If you want to do some wizardry on Archer C50 v6 (unstable wifi) just say the word :slight_smile: I have 6 of those.

1 Like

Thaks for the confirmation.
Again glad it all worked out. Unfortunately can't help with the c60v6
V14 was an "old aquintance" so it was somehow easy to deal with it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.