TL-WPA8630P V2 (EU) ART partition dump wanted

Hello,
I need help with restoring the art partition on my TL-WPA8630P V2 (EU). And for this I need a dump from a device with working 5G radio, it's usually on mtd9.
Additionally a copy of cal data could be useful. It's extracted from ART and copied at /lib/firmware/ath10k/pre-cal-pci-0000:00:00.0.bin

Thank you

The ART partition data is unit specific (down to the serial number) -- it contains calibration and factory data for your unique device. You cannot (well, should not) apply an ART partition from some other device to your unit as it may cause performance problems and other issues (including poor performance, or possibly even out-of-compliance operation).

If your ART partition has been damaged and you do not have a backup of your specific one, you can consider the wireless section of that device dead.

1 Like

Hi @psherman ,
I don't know if the ART partition for my device is damaged or not, because there are many variants of this model with different partition schemes and different content and the device works perfectly with the vendor firmware. Could be that a caldata copy is stored somewhere else, or that it's not stored on the ART partition at all.

But if the ART partition was damaged, it happened during the initial development of the openwrt port for this device where I helped with the testing. As far as I know, openwrt uses only a section of the ART partition to extract the calibration data for the ath10k-ct driver. This section in my case it's just 12000 0xFF characters

There are various sources of ART calibration data for the QCA9888, on github and other dumps. I could use them, but it would be great if I had something to compare.

Hi @infl00p , send me a direct message with your email and I'll send you a stock flash image.