TL-MR3020 v1.9 HARD BRICKED

1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600 are all popular

2 Likes

Though, did you read this:

2 Likes

I did read that but I didn't do that because before I get this "bricked", I have unbricked without it so i thought it wouldn't be important.

it's never important, until you need it ... :slight_smile:

Oh, so, are you saying the serial connection worked OK before the brick?

And if so, was the baud rate working at 115200

If the serial connection worked with the same serial cable and the speed 115200, and now it doesn't, I think you truly do have a brick

2 Likes

Yeah, I did get a different "bricked" MR3020 bricked while downgrading like the 3 flashing lights boot loop
It did worked at baud rate 115200

As I said, I have a hard-bricked TL-MR3020 v1.9 while trying to revert back to original firmware.

well, you left out some relevant details in the initial posts .... :wink:

anyway, RIP MR3020.

1 Like

But what if I change the flash chip on the mr3020?

But what if I change the flash chip on the mr3020, like it just the chip problem right?

what do you mean by "chip problem"

physically faulty flash chip? or did you flash bad content?

I think I flashed half the way and ended, so that could be the problem

You will need a dump of the original flash to program before you install the chip. Then you need to desolder the existing chip and solder in the new one. If you are good at soldering surface mount components, it wouldn’t be that difficult, but it seems like a lot of extra effort to go though for a device that is entirely obsolete. I did recently repurpose one of mine with NUT so I could have a network readout of one of my ups units, but aside from little utility functions, the device has little value as a router or ap. Otoh, if you don’t mind some wasted time and money, you’ve got nothing to lose trying.

so which chip do you think is compatible with mr3020 v1.9?

Which instructions did you follow to revert to tp-link firmware? Interested to know what you may have done wrong

But, the fact that serial is showing garbage pretty much makes any recovery almost impossible (since all recovery methods require commands issued via serial)

I follow the instruction using tftp server, ethernet cable and using the reset button to safe my time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k1sxwX5pMk

Likely the one listed on the hardware info page. Open your device and look at the part number to be sure.

Why are you linking to a RECOVERY video for a WR841N/ND???

What instructions were you following to downgrading to original firmware

But it did worked for me before this "hard brick"

What worked for you?

You're making little sense ...

My understanding is:

Step 1: you wanted to install original tp-link firmware on your router, that was running openwrt
Step 2: ????
Step 3: you now have a brick

What did you do in step two, to turn your router, running OpenWRT, into a brick?