The OpenWrt Firmware Selector

It's a known issue, The wait time before an updated image can be generated with the same list of packages is exactly one week.

It would be correct if I did it just because there was nothing to do, but .... As I wrote, some packages were updated in the stable version of the firmware, for example - 5 packages. Can't have the same hash and package size? That's what I think. It would be correct if nothing had changed and I would have collected exactly the same image from nothing to do, but this is not so))

It would be correct to delete images after 1 hour, for example, and not after 7 days, or even better, keep track of the compilation date of the selected packages and if it has changed, collect the image without even waiting for this 1 hour.

Package sizes are in the ranges of kilobytes (from 10 to a few hundred) so the size differences can't be spotted unless you add or remove a few packages.

The checksum is also not subject to change in this case? Don't think. Track it so as not to catch + - kilobytes))

UPD

The date and time of the package assembly also changes. There are already at least 3 parameters that can be tracked automatically and, if they match, turn on the algorithm for resolving a new assembly))

IDK if it is the right place for questions like these... but the selector (request a build and the attendedsysupgrade) has been stuck in queue for over an hour now, at the same spot in the queue. Is it stuck or is it just extremely busy?

2 Likes

ref #OpenWrt Firmware Selector Builder stuck

I can confirm is stuck at least since some hours ago.

2 Likes

Same here. Doesn't progress past "Received build request" since yesterday.

1 Like

Appears to be an issue with ASU.

The build queue is moving forward again. Pos. 317

1 Like

It will take hours of unnecessary work to build images that nobody waiting on

it works again!

1 Like

Mostly. I was able to build snapshot images for two ipq806x, one ipq807x, one ramips and one mediatek target. I have got to consolidate my inventory! But that is a different issue. I'm getting an error building for my Nano Pi's (an R4S and R2S):

Firmware Selector Error Excerpt
`Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_generic/routing/Packages.sig
Signature check passed.
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_generic/telephony/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/rockchip/armv8/build_dir/target-aarch64_generic_musl/root-rockchip/../../../../../../../../../../../home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/rockchip/armv8/dl/openwrt_telephony
Downloading https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/aarch64_generic/telephony/Packages.sig
Signature check passed.
Downloading file:packages/Packages
Updated list of available packages in /home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/rockchip/armv8/build_dir/target-aarch64_generic_musl/root-rockchip/../../../../../../../../../../../home/aparcar/asu/worker1/cache/SNAPSHOT/rockchip/armv8/dl/imagebuilder
Downloading file:packages/Packages.sig
Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency openssl-util for openvpn-easy-rsa
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for openvpn-easy-rsa found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package openvpn-easy-rsa.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:185: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:150: _call_manifest] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:269: manifest] Error 2`

A signature check fails for something in /home/@aparcar and coming up bupkis. Also looks like I may have some investigation to do on new dependencies for openvpn-easy-rsa on rockchip.

Update: working for R2S and R4S now without proceeding error.

@aparcar now added a field that let the user add a script to custom images:

This script e.g. would automatically enable and configure the WiFi:

# WiFi password (at least 8 characters)
key="12345678"
# WiFi name
ssid="OpenWrt"

wifi_enable_device() {
  local cfg="$1"
  uci set wireless.$cfg.disabled='0'
}

wifi_setup_interface() {
  local cfg="$1"
  uci set wireless.$cfg.ssid="$ssid"
  uci set wireless.$cfg.key="$key"
  uci set wireless.$cfg.encryption="psk2"
}

config_load wireless
config_foreach wifi_enable_device wifi-device
config_foreach wifi_setup_interface wifi-iface
uci commit wireless

The script will be placed in /etc/uci-defaults/ of the image, executed on first boot and then deleted. More information can be found in the OpenWrt documentation.

EDIT: the firmware selector now fills in a script like this on an icon click (gear icon in the right coner).

14 Likes

@aparcar - thank you!

1 Like

Have you tried updating the OpenWrt version with Attended Sysupgrade and see if it still has the script after reset?

I have not tested that.

Firmware selector seems to be broken atm .
Unsupported package(s): nftables
and wont build without it anyway

Almost all packages are broken right now on snapshot. It happens, might take a day or two. You can see the faillogs here, just pick your target: [https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/faillogs/]

edit: looks like most packages are back

1 Like

why i can't find model Orange Pi R1 Plus LTS in firmware-selector web?

pls make support on web for orange pi r1 plus lts.

thx