Technicolor TG799VAC

Hello, I have TG799VAC it's very capable router with dual core CPU + 256 MB RAM. I managed to get ssh access. It runs 12.09 openwrt. I was not able to upgrade it. I tried this autoflashgui.py but it just won't upgrade. https://www.crc.id.au/hacking-the-technicolor-tg799vac-and-unlocking-features/ I have 16.3 and 17.2 firmwares, but still it does not upgrade. I can manually swith between 2 banks. This router uses 2 banks but neither upgrades.
I found this thread Technicolor GPL Source Code Request

Can i somehow build openwrt firmware myself for this router and install it like I do it on my netgear WNDR3700v4? It does not even have luci it has some telias Web design, which is very bad and lacks many features.

It's a Broadcom BCM63xx design, which means there are no drivers for xDSL modem, FXS/ FXO ports, DECT and (probably , as I assume Broadcom softmac WLAN chipsets) neither for WLAN; even getting NAND based Broadcom ARM designs booting will be challenging (due to the way the bootloader is split/ set up).

All you may be able to get working will be basic SOC support and ethernet, nothing interesting.

@anon20279570

Broadcom chips aren't supported due to the limited availability of FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) drivers.

They also have a very locked down bootloader, which only allows signed firmware to be flashed.

Please upgrade your firmware to 16.3 and use the new guide for more info.

Btw, dual core MIPS @ 400mhz isn't fast :slight_smile: