Techdata Page C50v3/in general

I like to edit the Techdata: TP-Link Archer C50 v3 page to correct the information about the serial interface. The Archer c50v3 uses 7n1 --> i use 7n2 / 7 databits 2 stopbits both i cant choose by the dropdown menu.
Is there a way to implement a fill out formular? Or should i do what is not permitted by default, edit the source of that site?
greeting elias

Are you sure that it does absolutely not work with 8N1?

There is a reason why that is not permitted. If you would do so, your edit to 7N2 would not be shown at all.

1 Like

Are you sure that it does absolutely not work with 8N1?

It works somehow, but the output is scrambled, i had to guess.
For example it is impossible to know what address you have to choose as the tftpd-server nor how the binary should be named for the recovery. I'll post the output soon. Next week i suppose.

There is a reason why that is not permitted. If you would do so, your edit to 7N2 would not be shown at all.

That's what i expected to happen. When it rains it pours. :wink:
Sry for my ugly english.
Greeting Elias

Output at 115200 8N1

β–’[β–’4030C0E][04030Dβ–’7]gpβ–’λ‘•1 5Sβ–’β–’β–’β–’4.β–’r}QM= β–’β–’β–’β–’β–’β–’0
Cβ–’β–’modβ–’&β–’β–’β–’405MMIβ–’β–’fβ–’X.
jβ–’β–’Υ™act]β–’Jβ–’: cβ–’ dYWkβ–’β–’jβ–’7628β–’Aβ–’β–’uβ–’β–’U<->β–’Λ•β–’-KKKβ–’β–’β–’jjj---KKKβ–’=RR
Dβ–’PSβ–’mpoβ–’β–’β–’β–’ 51β–’jβ–’β–’β–’s Dβ–’β–’β–’β–’dtβ–’6
Toβ–’X Cβ–’5buβ–’'β–’β–’β–’β–’β–’)
Fla.jβ–’mor^'β–’β–’MBβ–’WV)
β–’β–’poβ–’Y
β–’ SPI2β–’β–’Ν‘
==OOOβ–’β–’==β–’OOOβ–’β–’==OOOβ–’β–’===OOOβ–’β–’==β–’OOβ–’β–’== β–’β–’β–’β–’β–’heβ–’β–’β–’β–’β–’:51& β–’β–’β–’s:β–’ bβ–’β–’eszβ–’&β–’##β–’β–’β–’CPU ▒▒Ł= 5β–’j!i ##β–’$Rβ–’*β–’Ρ₯matYjβ–’β–’oryβ–’β–’Kβ–’β–’=64jβ–’β–’Ρ•s
β–’β–’β–’UQ MTβ–’β–’β–’β–’!eβ–’!!!!β–’
cΛ‹β–’β–’β–’e t
diβ–’β–’β–’β–’ swβ–’Χ‘β–’phypKΡΉ..Rβ–’
&'β–’β–’steβ–’β–’β–’β–’ sy.Wβ–’β–’codε²₯β–’β–’Fla.β–’Bβ–’οΏ½β–’β–’2000β–’
β–’β–’%β–’β–’tm:Xβ–’β–’β–’2, β–’β–’0xbcβ–’00β–’

Output at 115200 7n2:

DDR Calibration DQS reg = 00008988

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Aug 18 2017 - 09:57:27)

Board: Ralink APSoC DRAM: 64 MB
relocate_code Pointer at: 83fb4000
gpiomode1 54154404.
gpiomode2 05540555.
flash manufacture id: c8, device id 40 17
find flash: GD25Q64B

Ralink UBoot Version: 4.3.0.0

ASIC 7628_MP (Port5<->None)
DRAM component: 512 Mbits DDR, width 16
DRAM bus: 16 bit
Total memory: 64 MBytes
Flash component: SPI Flash
Date:Aug 18 2017 Time:09:57:27

I noticed the router wont even start with the 8n1 on my ch340 with gnd connected.
On 7N2 it works like a charm. On my custom build ill change the serial to 7n2 to get the hole boot on serial.
I'll post a USB mod for this router as well soon.
Should i create a new device page or use the existing Archer c50 v3 one which i started to edit already.
Thanks in advance.
Elias

Is there any way to change the behavior of the techdata page? to "our" needs

Is there anyone who is responsible for web questions regarding the openwrt documentation? Shouldnt be so difficult to implement that.
sadly it looks like tmomas wont answer me

CH340 is not exactly known for reliable operation, which makes me hesitate to add 7N2 (this would be the only device with this setting).
Do you get the same result when you use a proper FTDI or CP2102 adapter?

My origin Saleae L 8 should be known for his reliable operation and i trust my ch340 cause i use it for all my projects after my cp2102 was to susceptible to electric fields and my ftdi Foca V2.0 is gone buggy as hell.
I love my ch340, most robust serial to usb converter i ever had.
But yeah of course i am happy you are back on that thread! So i used my salea to convince you that you are wrong, but i convinced myself instead, you are right! Then i tested with my betemcu ftdl 232rl and the router wont even start with 8n1 nor 8n2 and whats crazy not even with 7n2.
The ft232fl wont bother which data or stop bit i set in putty nor in driver configuration(windows). It simply does some job. Instead my ch340 was acting as expected. And the router will start with 7n2 not with 8n1 nor 8n2. ill keep on investigation this serial problems.
Ill fire up my linux machine and give it a try later ..
Thx for your answer..