Target build help IPQ40x9 (Wally's 4029)

Hi I'm Trying to build Openwrt for my Wally's dr4029, I have found a repo with the device definition's for my router and a few hardware related patches.

https://github.com/sartura/openwrt/tree/DR40X9.

I have created by build enviroment and cloned the git and update it:
git clone of https://github.com/sartura/openwrt.git
./scripts/feeds update -a
./scripts/feeds install -a

I have then run make menuconfig but i dont see the option of the wally's router included in the target in the menu as defined by this commit:

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

You need to checkout the correct branch

1 Like

Ok I was thinking that was the case but how do I do I pick a branch to checkout it just seems to check out the main branch?

Simpy use git checkout after cloning

1 Like

I managed to checkout the correct branch and could configure the build settings but it fails during compilation with:

find /home/professor_jonny/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/root-ipq40xx/ -mindepth 1 -execdir touch -hcd "@1603528583" "{}" +
find: The relative path 'Files/WindowsApps/CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_2004.2020.812.0_x64__79rhkp1fndgsc' is included in the PATH environment variable, which is insecure in combination with the -execdir action of find.  Please remove that entry from $PATH
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:72: package/install] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/professor_jonny/openwrt'
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:109: /home/professor_jonny/openwrt/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/stamp/.package_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/professor_jonny/openwrt'
make: *** [/home/professor_jonny/openwrt/include/toplevel.mk:236: world] Error 2

Sorry, I dont use Windows nor WSL at all.

I think I have found some information reguarding WSL that is not explained in the build guide, I will go through this and see if it works
OpenWrt Project: Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)

For some reason WSL.conf seems to ignore the apended Path and exporting a Path fixed the error.
export PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games"

This sorted my problem and the image built successfully.