SWCONFIG vs DSA

My new image does not have vlan support; I have attached a picture of the former configuration for vlan tagging. Can someone assist in what I need to do to convert this to DSA or get SWCONFIG working again. Currently it reports no switches found even though the driver shows up in lsmod.

Nick

Maybe this could help.

Thank you, i'll fumble around with this and see if I can get this working. Much appreciated. Crossing my fingers the openwrt team can provide a luci gui again. I don't do well at 6:30AM :slight_smile:

Thank you for your guide. On the KIRKWOOD series, this is what I had to do to allow vlan tagging.

[ $INTERFACE = lan -a $ACTION = ifup ] || exit 0

#Ethernet 1
bridge vlan add dev ethernet1 vid 1 untagged
bridge vlan add dev ethernet1 vid 2 tagged

#Ethernet 2
bridge vlan add dev ethernet2 vid 1 untagged
bridge vlan add dev ethernet2 vid 20 tagged
bridge vlan add dev ethernet2 vid 30 tagged
bridge vlan add dev ethernet2 vid 40 tagged
bridge vlan add dev ethernet2 vid 50 tagged

#Ethernet 3
bridge vlan add dev ethernet3 vid 1 untagged

#Ethernet 4
bridge vlan add dev ethernet4 vid 1 untagged

#BR-LAN (CPU)
bridge vlan add dev br-lan self vid 1 tagged
bridge vlan add dev br-lan self vid 2 tagged
bridge vlan add dev br-lan self vid 20 tagged
bridge vlan add dev br-lan self vid 30 tagged
bridge vlan add dev br-lan self vid 40 tagged
bridge vlan add dev br-lan self vid 50 tagged

Thank you again for your assistance

The virtual interfaces I was trying to isolate had to be named ethernet2.xx instead of Eth0.xx on the port I am using for the uplink for my ubquity.

Can you upload a vivid screenshot? The one here is pixelated and ur-readable for me. Probably it would help me with my swconfig to DSA conversion effort.

Up to date tutorial may be more relevant.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I shall go through that.

Checked it. I've already gone through it once. Couldn't follow much of it at that time. I'll go through it again later.

Please note that 21.02-RC1 and -RC2 has different network setup!

Could you elaborate or drop some pointers as how this information is relevant for a beginner trying to convert the swconfig from 19.07.7? Thanks

This info is totally basic information for a fail or succeed result for you with DSA.
This has been kind of the main theme of this forum during the last three to four moths.

DSA is only availible in snapshots and RC1 and RC2 of release 21.02.
So if you find a instruction for DSA in OpenWRT somewhere (like the first one) you must make sure you use the instruction for the correct release candidate/version because it is a completely different network config setup for RC1 or RC2 like the homepage say.

But if you are a beginner as you say and question why you need to know that there are different manuals for different versions and you don’t know why that is important to know. I highly recommend you to wait for the stable releases of 21.02.1 or even better 21.02.2 or higher are released.

1 Like

Thank a lot. That makes sense to me.

1 Like