Supporting Huawei B593u-12

Hi,

using publicly available information, I was able to gain root access to my Huawei B593u-12, to con-nect to it over TTL serial, and to boot an OpenWrt image over CFE console.

I documented everything incl. logs etc. here: https://openwrt.org/toh/huawei/b593u-12

Now I am looking for support on how to move forward, especially

• How to recognize board
  • How to get buttons / LEDs working
  • How to get LAN working (I might be missing some modules?)
  • How to get USB working (I might be missing some modules?)
  • How to get LTE working (I might be missing some modules?)
  • How to get Wifi working (very difficult/impossible due to missing drivers?!)
  • How to flash OpenWRT to router through vendor/Telekom web interface
  • Later: How to restore original firmware from OpenWRT web interface
  • How to have OpenWrt officially supporting this router :wink:

I am an enthusiast but not a programmer, so any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Leonardo

1 Like

Hi,

here is a short update on my status (also updated on the wiki):

USB and LTE seem to be working. LAN and switch might be working: they come up both in b43 and brcmsmac, but I couldn't get any ping working, but this might be due to a wrong configuration. As expected, WLAN is not working.

Looking forward on any help to get button/LEDs, LAN/switch, and booting from flash working.

Best regards,
Leonardo

1 Like

Hi Leonardo,

i'm not a developer or hacker, but i found this. This person managed to write to the flash. There are 28 Blogposts on that site. Make sure, you also see the earlier ones. Maybe it helps you.

BR,
Simon

Hi Simon,

thank you for the feedback. I am aware of these blog posts. Unfortunately, there is no source code / patches on how to get things working.

I managed to flash the router through CPE and through the web page from the factory image. However, when OpenWrt boots it does not manage to write to the flash.

BR,
Leonardo

Hi Leonardo,

Firmware sourcecode can be obtained from Deutsche Telekom. Do you need it?
Or did you mean the sourcecode of the tools mentioned in that blog?

BR,
Simon