I manage to find out. This patch really works fine. Just need to compile the source code with the correct configuration for this model (took me a while to understand witch one is ) and add some packets to make my life easier.
I have 2 units one R4AC and another R4CM both base on RA 7628 soc and both are working 100%.
For future reference I'll leave here the images I created, may be useful for other people.
@cperrin88, @Rubrex If haven't found a solution try this one:
As in per the presented patch as the instructions to install
- Connect to the serial port of the router and power it up.
If you get a prompt asking for boot-mode, go to step 3.
- Unplug the router after
> Erasing SPI Flash...
> raspi_erase: offs:20000 len:10000
occurs on the serial port. Plug the router back in.
- At the prompt select option 2 (Load system code then
write to Flash via TFTP.)
- Enter 192.168.1.1 as the device IP and 192.168.1.2 as the
- Connect your computer to LAN1 and assign it as 192.168.1.2/24.
- Rename the sysupgrade image to test.bin and serve it via TFTP.
- Enter test.bin on the serial console and press enter.
(Remember you need to have a working tftp server on your side serving a file called test.bin (for this instructions, ofc you can change the file name)
Flash the openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-xiaomi_mir4a-100m-initramfs-kernel.bin file 1st (This is real important!)
After that you can either use the same method or flash via LUCI openwrt-ramips-mt76x8-xiaomi_mir4a-100m-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin . After this do not forget to do a factory reset!