Support for Xiaomi Mi 3C

@minax007 i didnt understand what you meant.
could you a more clear how to flash the file mentioned by @anjmis04 just wanted to go back to my stock rom

I have breed bootloader installed what i do now just want to back to stock rom

i tested this rom and encountered a problem.
i cannot set the wifi width to 40mhz.
and if i set it it shows 20mhz in logs and has only 65mbps link speed
and also i think my wan and lan1 ports are swapped

Else everything is stable

Dear @Kale
you need to have BREED installed on your Mi-3C.

1. Start BREED
    Plug off your router. Push the reset button. Keep it pushed. And then plug in the router.
    After 5 seconds you can stop pressing the reset button.

2. Start Webbrowser

3. Enter 192.168.1.1

4. On the left side click on the second menu

5. On the right side there is a top menu wit a blue bar on the left side. Now click on the white right side, so that it turns blue as it is shown below (on yours everything is in chinese):

Then check "Automatic restart" and uncheck the two below starting with "Keep ...".
Exactly the other way around as it is shown in the picture above.

1. Now click on the "Datei auswählen" button (yours is in chinese) and select the full flash dump @anjmis04 provided you.

2. Then select the "Upload" button below and wait a couple of seconds.

3. Then another screen will apper which you need to confirm by pressing the button.

4. Then just wait until it is flashed. And your router will restart with the Xiaomi stock rom.

2 Likes

@minax007 i appreciate your effort for the guide and it is very clear now thank you

Dear @Kale,
you are welcome!
Could you flash your router back to stock firmware?

i will try later actually i didnt have a full rom backup and just wanted it to be on the safe side if something happens.Will continue to test the openwrt further as there are many limitations to the stock rom like speed always below 50mbps and i dont trust xiaomi with my data

You force 40mhz in advanced options?

check these out guyz, i think this might work for brick router.

1. Mi Router repair tool at
    http://files-from-xiaomi-website.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/
  2. How to guide, use translate
    https://www.xiaomi.cn/post/19134127

Dear @anjmis04,
this definitely does not work for the Mi-3C.
There are three three ways (MiWiFi-Repair Tool, similar unofficial tool, bootloader web console) of debricking Xiaomi routers without opening the housing of the router but none of the works for the Mi-3C.
I had tried all of them extensively and none of them works.
Even in the guide you have posted the Mi-3C is not mentioned.
The only way of debricking the Mi-3C is via SPI flasher in case you cannot access the router via ssh or telnet anymore (which is generally the case when something went wrong when flashing).
But it is not a big deal.
You can get an SPI flasher for about 5 USD on Aliexpress, together with a clamp, so you do not need to desolder the chip.
Just open the case (there is a screw in the center of the sticker), put on the clamp (without powering the router), run the flashing software and flash the dump file.
That's it.

1 Like

yes but it didn't worked

Thanks @minax007 @anjmis04 for the help I was able to go back to stock rom with the dump and the guide using breed bootloader

I think this should be updated to openwrt wiki so that people go back to stock rom if needed

1 Like

https://oldwiki.archive.openwrt.org/doc/uci/wireless#mhz_channel_width_up_to_300_mbps_for_80211n_devices_only

1 Like

caution, the usual USB-SPI flasher does not provide enough current on 3.3V rail

you may need to unsolder VCC pin of flash chip or pull RST of CPU to low first...

I did this several times on the Mi-3C and it was not problem.
There is no need to desolder.
Other routers like the Mi-4A have the problem you are referring to. But not the Mi-3C.
Just put the clamp on the chip and flash it.
There is no need to desolder.

yes i know the solution from the 4A thread. didn't work for me without desolder vcc...

Which is the latest version to try?

Openwrt 19.07.05 nano + ports fix's
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KYYFHKByX6ijflcEUDKjVJJv0ykigSth/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

do i need to reset and do all my settings again for getting it working?

@minax007 help @earth08

Dear @earth08
In case you are coming from a stock firmware you should install BREED bootloader, to be able to flash the firmware easily.
In the OpenWrt Wiki (posted in the first post of this thread) you can find instructions on which BREED image to install and on the necessity to reset before flashing a new firmware.

In case you are coming from another OpenWrt version: Just backup your settings. Go to BREED. Reset in BREED. Install the firmware from @eduardo010174 and then replay your settings.