Support for Xiaomi Mi 3C

And thanks for adding the tables ... I had on my mind to copy them from other Wiki pages ... and to adopt those for this router.

I am very happy that you have done it already.

Thanks!

Humm one user write with have problems with breed
for now remove. maybe talk with hackpascal for add support
For now recover to stock is write mtd0 on flash

I don't think that hackpascal will create a special BREED version for this router - as he hasn't updated his repository for more than one year now - and he didn't create specific bootloaders for far more popular routers than this one (e. g. Mi AC2100).

https://breed.hackpascal.net/

I plan to check the installation with BREED by this weekend.
If it doesn't work at all - then I will remove it, if God wills.

Did you do any changes on the partion layout which could get corrupted by BREED?
Some time ago I showed you that from address range perspective it shouldn't have any influence.

In this case is exatly xiaomi r3g.

Not in case of R3C, with factory sector different.
Is not hard add support. I not lost on ask to hackpascal. But more for last stack

1 Like

Dear @eduardo010174

From OpenWrt point of view BREED is off-topic.

Therefore I do not think that it is appreciated if we continue discussing about BREED in this thread.

Let us shift the discussions to PN ... and decide upon what we need to communicate in detail to @hackpascal for getting his support on an adopted BREED bootloader for the Xiaomi Mi-3C.

First we should collect all requirements (e. g. reset function, factory sector, ...) and then we should contact him and ask him if it is possible for him to support us ... otherwise we won't be effective and efficient.

2 Likes

From what İ read @hackpascal doesnt wants to develop bootloader for mt7628 boards anymore. And he says that blank mt7628 bootloader can be used for setting custom reset button. But its worth to ask himself about support.

BREED is a hassle when the router has an easy exploitation method. Used it once on my Redmi AC2100 and it was a pain. Traditional methods are easier and more effective.

1 Like

Breed is more safer than directly installing firmware. Because this routers firmware installing method is risky.

Support - finish
Installation - finish
OEM log - finish
openwrt log - finish
revert to stock using spi programmer with mtd0 - finish and tested
revert to stock using emergence recover http server + vars of uboot using ttl serial - finish and tested, add creds on last line

possible tftp install tutorial - Not possible because limitations on write UART.

test breed blank with correct options

2 Likes

Goodluck to you on next steps.

I test recover with bricked system and recover system completaly
And is not change vars of u-boot, with stock firmware or with Openwrt. In the last recover is not needed spi or uart. Only ethernet cable ahhahahah

Tftp is not possible because first installation i don't have access with write to UART.

1 Like

Breed exploring

@minax007 you are totally correct

However is need fix
ttl baud if you use ttl
boot.autostart for correct sector
but macs never have to chained for correct location

and all work great again.

1 Like

Dear @eduardo010174

could you please explain how you have managed to unbrick the device only via ethernet cable?

I had tried following methods:

• TFTP --> doesn't work
  • Stock recovery --> doesn't work

Here is a description how to get the device into stock recovery mode:

https://visser.io/2018/01/xiaomi-mi-router-3c-recovery-from-system-error-orange-red-led/

The device gets into the stock recovery mode ... but as soon as you select the firmware file to be flashed it doesn't flash it.

The only solution for unbricking the device was opening the box and flashing via SPI flasher.

As this is very unconvenient I prefer using BREED bootloader instead of stock bootloader.

With BREED you can always easily recover your router via the webconsole without having the need of using an SPI flasher.

Dear all,

probably some of you could be interested in getting the latest snapshot build automatically compiled every day with some packages you may need.

For this you can find a simple script at the following repository:

I have updated it so that it now takes the Mi-3C snapshot instead of the "Nano snapshot" as I had this script until today.

It includes following packages in the daily build:

LuCI GUI (luci)
LuCI Material Theme (luci-theme-material)
LuCI Bandwidth Monitor (luci-app-nlbwmon)
LuCI SQM (QoS) (luci-app-sqm)

In case you need other packages just fork this repository on Github and adopt the script ".github/workflows/build-openwrt-mi3c.yml" as you need.

You can easily flash the firmware via BREED.

The latest build can be found in the releases section:

In this section you will find the normal version with the packages stated above.
And another with which is called "MESH" for mesh networking.
In the script you can look up which packages are added for this one.

1 Like

You is confused.
Stock recovery only accept official firmware signed from xiaomi.
It's use RSA for checking if it's is signed.

If I break public key, I could signed firmware.

But for unbrick
stock recovery -> install stock image -> openwrt invasion -> install again openwrt.

Dear @eduardo010174

on my router I can't flash any stock firmware in the stock recovery.

It doesn't work.

What? Chinese version and International version?

I have the international version - but neither the official international firmware nor the official chinese firmware can be flashed via the stock recovery.

Humm you have a UART connection for debug this problem?

No, I do not have this.

But I do not care about this problem as I am not able to change the stock recovery binary.

I am using the SPI flasher to recover the router in case of a brick when being on stock recovery.

Therefore I prefer BREED as that one works on my device.

1 Like