Support for new Archer c5 v4

Hey, some news, my ISP provides me with a GPON ONT which somehow there's no way to put in bridge mode as they told me, nor there is in the web interface. I'll be updating if I get new info.

I'm back, I was out for vacation last week and my ISP solved my problem by changing the modem from a Nokia to a Huawei that can actually be put in bridge mode.

So, this is how everything is connected right now:

Fiber
└── Huawei modem (bridge)
    └── WAN Port
        └── Archer C7 (OpenWrt) (192.168.1.1/24)
            ├── Port 4
            │   └── 24 port switch
            │       └── All ethernet devices
            └── WiFi
                └── Phones and stuff

And this is what you need to test? Am I getting it right? What other tests are needed?

Fiber
└── Huawei modem (bridge)
    └── WAN Port
        └── Archer C7 (OpenWrt) (192.168.1.1/24)
            ├── Port 1 to WAN
            │   └── Archer C4 (OpenWrt) (192.168.2.1/24 manually set)
            │       └── Port 1
            │           └── Test notebook (this should be in the 192.168.2.0/24 network?)
            ├── Port 4
            │   └── 24 port switch
            │       └── All ethernet devices
            └── WiFi
                └── Phones and stuff

Right now everything is connected like the last tree and the notebook is getting IP from the Archer C4, a 192.168.2.110, and I have internet access from the Archer C7 which is the main router.

Hey I am new to this, I flashed your zip using tftp on my ACT provided router and it is showing wifi and connecting to ethernet but I cannot access the login page on 192.168.1.1 as it asks me to login to actcorp... captive portal but that link also doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Fixed: Had to set my ethernet settings on my computer to DHCP and I could access the captive portal after that

@mietekn @123serge123 Hey guys, any development news? Will these changes be possible in newer versions?

I am gradually adding the code to https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/14804
However, this code needs to be checked/completed by @123serge123 and of course needs to be tested.

1 Like