Hi, I am a little bit lost when it comes to build a new openwrt image for a new device. I have recently purchased a Mikrotik wAP 60G (https://mikrotik.com/product/wap_60g), and no matter what things I have tried it does not boot the initramfs of openwrt, I was wondering if anyone could help me. As far as I know, this is the first time somebody wants to port openwrt to an ARM version of a Mikrotik device.
This is all I can do/know:
- There are other openwrt for other Mikrotik devices but they don't use the ARM processor.
- I can root the device, but I am still unable to do something useful with it.
- The build I tried was for a generic Q40xx (since the processor is IPQ-4019 ) and, although the device does request the file through TFTP, it just boots into the normal RouterOS at some point.
- I have the "latest" kernel patches for the 3.3.5 kernel that Mikrotik uses, but they are too old and I still don't know how to upload my custom kernel to the device.
A few questions:
- Is it possible for me to take one of the Mikrotik builds for other architectures and build them for ARMv7? If so, is there any documentation in this regard?
- Would it be easier to try to compile something for the IPQ-4019 processor and then apply the changes for Mikrotik?
Also, this is the first few lines of the dmesg command in case this gives any extra info:
Booting Linux on physical CPU 0 Linux version 3.3.5 (build@builder) (gcc version 4.8.2 (GCC) ) #2 SMP Wed Feb 28 10:26:17 UTC 2018 CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc075] revision 5 (ARMv7), cr=10c5387d CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache Machine: Qualcomm (Flattened Device Tree), model: LHG 5HnD60ad Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writealloc On node 0 totalpages: 65536 free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat 8044d340, node_mem_map 80474000 Normal zone: 512 pages used for memmap Normal zone: 0 pages reserved Normal zone: 65024 pages, LIFO batch:15 PERCPU: Embedded 13 pages/cpu @80684000 s5312 r32768 d15168 u53248 pcpu-alloc: s5312 r32768 d15168 u53248 alloc=13*4096 pcpu-alloc:  0  1  2  3 Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on. Total pages: 65024 Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram0 bootimage=1 no-uart no-nand parts=1 boot_part_size=16777216 eth_mac=CC:2D:E0:AF:24:9E board=lhg60-dk Board=lhg60-dk ver=6.41.2 hw_opt=00284401 boot=1 mlc=11 PID hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes) Dentry cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes) Inode-cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes) Memory: 256MB = 256MB total Memory: 238540k/238540k available, 23604k reserved, 0K highmem Virtual kernel memory layout: vector : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000 ( 4 kB) fixmap : 0xfff00000 - 0xfffe0000 ( 896 kB) vmalloc : 0x90800000 - 0xff000000 (1768 MB) lowmem : 0x80000000 - 0x90000000 ( 256 MB) modules : 0x7f000000 - 0x80000000 ( 16 MB) .text : 0x80008000 - 0x803dfc08 (3936 kB) .init : 0x803e0000 - 0x804124c0 ( 202 kB) .data : 0x80414000 - 0x8044f1e0 ( 237 kB) .bss : 0x8044f2c8 - 0x8047312c ( 144 kB)