Support AIoT AC2350 Xiaomi?

Don't mind it. you have done an awesome job with the wifi and made our life much more easier.

I am ready but I do not have much knowledge about how to put openVPN in the mod but I can help with testing.

BTW I have mi wifi app on iOS up and running by doing this:

1. set the location of router to Australia
  2. change the location of the app to Australia (if you location is set to australia just choose another location and put it back to AUS)
  3. clear cache of the app
  4. pair the router with the app

Hi, I have installed also the mod. The wifi is now much better.
But the app does not work with the modded firmware.
Is there a way to configure the guest wifi without the app?

Hello Eisaev

Thanks for your work.
I am following your guide and plz tell me, what the steps do:

Patch Bdata Partition (on router)

Patch art Partition (for black version only; on router)

Once again, thank you

It is described in the table of content part:

"art.sh - patching art partition on the black version of the router to equalize the 2.4 GHz WiFi transmission power limits with the white version
bdata.sh - patching Bdata partition to remove some restrictions (SSH access, access to the u-boot console, etc.)"

2 Likes

This patch changes the values of the following parameters in the Bdata partition:

• CountryCode=CN - sets the Chinese region to remove some restrictions in the international version of the router
  • ssh_en=1 - sets the SSH server activation flag (this is not really necessary on the mod and not enough on the stock, so just for uniformity)
  • uart_en=1 - enables input on the UART console
  • boot_wait=on - enables waiting for input at boot to log in to the u-boot console

Changes the 2.4 GHz transmission power limits on the black version to the levels in the Chinese (white) version of the router.

3 Likes

Hello there
I'm new to the forum
I have a lot of experience flashing and messing with mobile phones, especially xiaomi but I have never done it in a router so please excuse my noobie questions
I recently bought a black AC2350 and I am rather dissapointed with its range
I red and figured out that the way to solve it is to do the modifications that are in the link but I can not understand how to do them.
Do I connect the router to the PC with a UTP cable or it's not necessary ?
Do I have to do all the steps?
What does it mean you do some of the steps on PC and some on the router?
In some steps it says that it is needed only once. Do I have to repeat other steps?

Is it possible to make a video for the procedure?
Please forgive me for being such a noob

1 Like

@eisaev Hi! I just saw that you posted a test version of openwrt firmware for this device on your github. I will flash and test it tomorrow. Are there any already recorded issues with this build and is it a snapshot without luci or a stable release? Thank you!

1 Like

@MarioK239 That is fantastic news! Very cool @eisaev beautiful work! Testing version flashed fine! I used winSCP to copy over the files and cmd to run the script. edit lucy came on it too yeah.

Many thanks to @ilyas! It was a joint work with him.

2 Likes

This is a snapshot, but with luci. According to my tests, everything works.

2 Likes

Amazing! What a relief to have it nice and clean getting rid of the factoryfirmware!

1 Like

ok. I will install it in the afternoon and give it a try.

Thank you @eisaev the FW is awesome.
I just installed it with no problem. I am messing with different sections right now.
The internet light is off but I have access to the internet.
thank you again, you rock!

Hi. I have a few questions for the openwrt firmware. 1. Since the 5ghz radio is 4x4 shouldn't it be able to use 160mhz chanels ? I can't find any way to use this mode. 2. Can the iot radio be used for anything with openwrt?

Wait for the indicator to turn blue.

It happened as you wrote, so you can reboot the router if you want.

2 Likes

I havent tried yet but I see the "ath10k-firmware-qca9984-ct" and ct-htt drivers in there that might do something.

and consider that the ip will change to 192.168.1.1

2 Likes

the basic functionality is there (in fact, more than "basic"... it seems to work pretty well), but there are some minor bugs we're ironing out at the moment. ie:

• the lan and mac addresses are the same
  • the "internet" light doesn't turn on
  • the SPI is currently running at 25MHz, but i've already tested 50Mhz and it works... now we need to test 80MHz and 104MHz (allegedly supported by this chip). that might get the thing to boot faster

we have the diffs to fix all that (tested, verified, money-back guarantee)... it just depends on when @eisaev has time to merge the diffs and push a new release)

in the meantime, it would be good to get as much test exposure as we can... this porting experience was extremely smooth, and @eisaev did amazing work. BOOM it just works! so don't be hesitant to try it out (i also don't have an UART soldered and i've been flashing away)

3 Likes

i don't know. you could try editing /etc/config/wireless and see if it works. my guess will be 'no'... the "board information" from stock has 80x80 in its name :expressionless:

good question. @eisaev is trying to port this iot radio as well, but i also can't think of what it would/might be useful for... a usb-connected 3rd radio device... !?!?

1 Like