Support AIoT AC2350 Xiaomi?

No i have firmware 1.3.8 CN an only on Wirless AP mode I sucessfuly use OpenWRT Invasion and log to from SSH to router.

I not modified sth with hw mod in-system/reprogramming (I don't know what I can doit ) or it was working (is no working any more when I change mode to router so I decide to back to firmware 3.0.36).

At this point, it is impossible for me to use this router as the main router for distributing the Internet from the Connect Box. I have old walls and the signal disappears after one of the two on its way. The only solution was to use TP-Link Deco M4 in the Mesh network.

I will keep trying to work with this router and use it as a wireless repeater in my vacation home.

As I write above I was install firmware 1.3.8 CN an try to use OpenWRT Invasion in wireless repeater mode, but with no sucess. I think I must use before OpenWRT Invasion scripts to open SSH on AX3600 and unlock somthing, because when I used scipt in Java console form here:

I have succesfuly start SSH with password that I wrote.
Is very simple:

1. Login to your router from other router (I use Google Chrome and connection from TP-Link Deco MR4, but maybe works with Xiaomi ownself) and use F12 from keyboard;
  2. Go to console card and paste code form above page
  3. Enter password that you want and connect to SSH - that's all.

mibrick I try your command with no succes - I have much better resoult with this:
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=996681&st=560#entry103458388

2 Likes

Yesterday I received a white version of the router. I checked the ways to get SSH access on it. On the firmware version 1.3.8CN, a fairly simple method worked. I described it on a Russian-language forum. There are no complicated steps there, so a little help from google translate is enough.

1 Like

Thank you so much for all your messages. I've bought this router and i'm really disappointed with the firmware options.. I still see some light at the end of the tunnel because of you and i'll wait for openwrt to be ported!

2 Likes

I updated my rootfs mod: https://mega.nz/file/LMkHAAZS#Fsp2wjGC6AQNqxPIDK5Fcpul21fOZhVT22nUhM6FGug

Changes:

1. Removed the maximum power limit for 5GHz (now it is the same as in china version)
  2. On the Wi-Fi settings page, a region selection has been added.
  3. Wi-Fi transmission power selection has been redesigned. It is now specified in the dBm.
2 Likes

To bring the transmission power level in the 2.4 GHz band to the level of the white version (Chinese), you need to patch the art partition, which is unique for each router. While I patch dumps manually for those who want to, but I think how to automate it.

1 Like

After flashing the new rootfs and rebooting the device the power limit still didn't increase for 5GHz:

root@XiaoQiang:~# iwinfo wl0 txpowerlist
   0 dBm (   1 mW)
   2 dBm (   1 mW)
   4 dBm (   2 mW)
   6 dBm (   3 mW)
   8 dBm (   6 mW)
  10 dBm (  10 mW)
  12 dBm (  15 mW)
* 14 dBm (  25 mW)
root@XiaoQiang:~# iwinfo wl1 txpowerlist
   0 dBm (   1 mW)
   6 dBm (   3 mW)
   7 dBm (   5 mW)
   8 dBm (   6 mW)
   9 dBm (   7 mW)
  10 dBm (  10 mW)
  11 dBm (  12 mW)
* 12 dBm (  15 mW)

But the region selection is available => flash was successful

1. What region is selected for WiFi?
  2. What the following commands output:
bdata get CountryCode
nvram get CountryCode

?

1. I selected "People's Republic of China"
root@XiaoQiang:~# bdata get CountryCode
EU
root@XiaoQiang:~# nvram get CountryCode
CN

The reason for the limit is this. You need to change the Bdata: CountryCode=CN

Now I'm preparing a rootfs with scripts for patching Bdata and art directly on the router in the ssh console.

You can try to use the scripts manually, without waiting for the new version of the rootfs:

Steps:

1. Copy the scripts to the router
  2. ./crash.sh
  3. mtd write /tmp/crash_unlock.bin crash
  4. reboot
  5. ./bdata.sh
  6. mtd write /tmp/bdata.mod.bin Bdata
  7. ./art
  8. mtd write /tmp/art.mod.bin art
  9. mtd erase crash
  10. reboot
2 Likes

It worked :wink:

2 Likes

I updated the modification of rootfs and wrote some instructions (https://github.com/eisaev/r2350).

2 Likes

Can I just download "squashfs-root.3.mod.bin" file and direct update on the router UPDATE MANUALLY section (black version)?

I temporarily made the repository on github private due to problems encountered by several users of the manual.

It is impossible to flash unofficial firmware via the web interface, because the digital signature is checked there.

1 Like

Built rootfs with fixes and updated the instructions. Access to the repository is restored: https://github.com/eisaev/r2350
I recommend flashing the modified rootfs according to the updated instructions to anyone who has flashed previous versions of the modified rootfs.

1 Like

With the modified rootfs and art what's the max dbm/mw on 2.4 & 5 ghz?

root@XiaoQiang:/# iwinfo wl0 txpowerlist | grep "*"
* 29 dBm ( 794 mW)
root@XiaoQiang:/# iwinfo wl1 txpowerlist | grep "*"
* 28 dBm ( 630 mW)

5GHz - 29 dBm
2.4GHz - 28 dBm
This is equal to the limits on the white (chinese) version of the router.

2 Likes

Very nice eisaev! Even i managed to do it :upside_down_face:

1 Like