I have a internet gigabit connection (well, ~930 Mbit/s) and I'd like to update my wireless connection (I know, I cannot have THAT speed with wifi).
So here I'm asking you to suggest me a good access point (I don't need router/switch/etc..).
On the new access point, I want to advertise multiple SSIDs, each associated with a different VLAN (well, with openwrt seems pretty easy).
My ideal access point should have:
- ideally <= 100 $/€ .
- at least 1 Ethernet port with Gbit connection (I don't need more ports, I've already a good switch)
- good coverage with 2.4 GHz, my flat is about 70m2. Some areas are behind 3/4 walls.
- good speed with 5Ghz. Usually I'm 1-2 meter far from the AP. Sometime I can be 8 meter away, with a thin wall in the middle.
- "easy" to install openwrt. I mean, I've moved and here I (still) don't have: tools for disassembling, serial adapters, etc.. .
- support IPv4/IPv6 (well, AFAIK this is not a problem with OpenWrt)
- I live in Europe, so usually I use amazon and sometimes ebay.
Actually I've found interesting:
- tp-link RE450. Unlucky on Amazon I can get version v3, which is not supported by openwrt.
- tp-link archer c6/c7 . I have still some doubts.
Thank you for your time,