# iw reg get
global
country NO: DFS-ETSI
        (2400 - 2483 @ 40), (N/A, 20), (N/A)
        (5150 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (N/A), NO-OUTDOOR, AUTO-BW
        (5250 - 5350 @ 80), (N/A, 20), (0 ms), NO-OUTDOOR, DFS, AUTO-BW
        (5470 - 5725 @ 160), (N/A, 26), (0 ms), DFS
        (5725 - 5875 @ 80), (N/A, 13), (N/A)
        (57000 - 66000 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), (N/A)

You can see that 144 is disabled, LuCi has no idea about that as it list channels per regulatory domain and not whether device can do it.

So, that hostapd error is correct

That matches my observations yes. So it isn't possible to get a list of frequencies the device supports?

It's possible, iw phy will list you the channels it can do on that regulatory domain.

Do you mean that the OpenWrt config from mtd9 didn't carry over when you switched to mtd10 (expected behaviour) or did you mean to say that when you switched from mtd9 to mtd10 and then switched back to mtd9, the OpenWrt config on mtd9 was deleted?

It didn't carry over, but as you said, this is expected.

I think I saw that devs are getting support for the alternative partition config implemented in OpenWRT.

I might've done a goof, but beyond channel 144 which shows as disabled, nothing above 128 will work for me, even though iw phy shows them with my regulatory domain.

Somehow the AP I'm testing with changed root partitions without me having touched it. Although the power supply on the PoE switch it's connected to went intermittent. Does it change after x amount of reboots?

With 3 failed boots it switches partition.

Ah that makes sense. So PEBKAC as usual.

@robimarko

Been running latest master branch with your support commits merged without problems for the last few months and seems stable.

I modified the SPI-NOR & NAND-NOR in dts to datasheet working frequency spec and is also running just fine.

Not sure if you've got time and thought about getting a PR going to get it officially supported?

Is POE on the WAN port supported by Openwrt? (might get a new switch so I thought I'd ask)

Thanks

Unfortunately, I have no time to get this finished.
POE should not be controlled at all by the OS

1 Like

@Gingernut Been working very well here as well (with PoE).

@robimarko IIRC the dual firmware support needed some work, was there any other issues that needed to be resolved before you'd do a PR?

1 Like

Does PoE need any extra configuration to get it to work?

Nope, it's all in the hardware. Might have to enable it on the switch if you get a managed one though.

1 Like

I can confirm it works just fine with POE. Uptime is now more than a month. I had a brand new one laying around unused. Due to the urgent need of a friend of mine I gave one of my production MR33 away and switched to the WAC510 over night.
Let me re-base it again and I can try to submit this with @robimarko permission. However, I only have one single unit which I kinda use in production now...

1 Like

Feel free to open a PR

3 Likes

@sumo
I have one of these on my desk that I've been running OpenWrt on. It only provides Wi-Fi for my phone and such, so I'm happy to assist with testing changes if need be.

1 Like

I re-based it again, built it and updated my device which seems to work fine:

I will improve on the commit message by adding proper initial support information and open a PR.

Let me know should you want my build for testing and I can upload it. OK?

1 Like

Thx.

I've personally been running my own rebased on master branch builds for a while without issues.

The only real change made by me, apart from cosmetic stuff for the rebase, was to bump the working frequency of the SPI-NOR to 50MHz & NAND-NOR in to 48MHz according to their datasheet spec.

1 Like