[SOLVED] WRT1900AC Bricked?

In my case it didn't pop up. Changed from default IP 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1.
I've waited for more than 3 minutes and got stuck on the message saying it was going to revert back.
After rebooting the router it was still on the default IP.

I've also had the "Apply Unchecked" button fail to appear when changing the LAN IP in Luci, so what I do is just open another tab with the IP I'm going to change LAN to and then go back to Luci, change the IP, click Save and Apply then switch to the new tab with the new IP, hit Enter or Refresh and then Luci will load and the configuration will save. It's actually much more convenient in practice then it sounds typed out.

This isn't a bug, that term isn't generally used to reference a known software feature. Follow the solution in the thread - link you provided.

You cannot wait, you must immediately attempt to get IP and browse to the new LuCI page. If for any reason that takes longer than 30 seconds, it reverts.

Could you show a screenshot of this said message?

Glad you got everything working.

The PC may have obtained a new IP in the new network because the Ethernet carrier dropped during the reload to apply settings. Then when the router goes back to the old network the PC is configured improperly to receive the confirmation box.

But I'm just guessing. I don't use LuCI much at all.

1 Like

Well bug or not, it's handled in a weird manner in my opinion.

I have everything set up correctly and I'm not willing to change this currently.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.