[Solved] What is the difference between supported version 22.03.3 and snapshot

Depends on, what you are doing with the equipment. I can still build an (unsupported) 22.03.3 image for a very basic 4/32 device, i.e. to be simple wifi-ap or only "dumb" AP. Needs custom build from src, though.

1 Like

You have to take the whole 23.0.3 build and remove a ton of modules to fit it right?

Can you send me an example of diff code (23.0.3 with your own build) of one of your builds?

This is completely offtopic but I'm trying to achieve exactly this, precisely for my 841, which I'm fitting into a 19.07 right now, but I want some of those extra wifi features like 802.11r 802.11k, wpad and bss_transition that my current 19.07 don't have, but I would try to remove as much as other modules as I can to fit well there.

I was being comedic and slightly facetious. Most of these devices were usable for years after their OEM's support ended before they were dropped.

In the example of the originally supported WRT54G (e.g. an 8 MB model), some people still use them today! :wink:

That's 21 years usable life...it has literally been supported longer than i586 and i686.

Exactly.

1 Like

WIll not work, I guess. I do not call this a "very basic device". You are going too far, to expect quite new features to be squeezed into quite old device.

1 Like

I would like to give them a go if you could send me your diffs, first of all, just to review how you could were able to fit an almost 6Mb compilation into a 4Mb flash device (what did you choose to remove and all that)

If your problem is solved (it seems so), please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. See How to mark a topic as [Solved] for a short how-to.
For any other questions unrelated to this one (e.g. building for 4/32 devices), please open a new topic.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.