[Solved] Trafic rule fails

I created (at Lucy) a rule to block internet from my son's Chromecast at night. But only the first added IP works. I had tried adding each one first and only the firts works. I will try to create 2 rules (one for each) and see it's behavior. Any ideas?

config rule
        option src 'lan'
        option name 'bed time'
        option dest 'wan'
        option start_time '23:00:00'
        option target 'REJECT'
        option stop_time '23:20:00'
        list src_ip '192.168.1.32'
        list src_ip '192.168.1.33'
        option enabled '1'
1 Like

Can you try... 192.168.1.32/31?

I wasn't aware what you posted was correct syntax. (I do see you can add multiple SRC IPs...but then you say you'll make 2 rules...2 likely exist.)

3 Likes

I will try. The syntax was written by Lucy.

I will pay attention to this today. Maybe try different services, since Chromecast is always connected to Google.

Note that this behavior is not service-specific and most likely affects all services which rely on TCP.

Sure. But my son's sometimes use Youtube. Maybe it's working since a conections to Google ia already open. I'm don't think so, but will try anyway.

Only if Google and Youtube are using the same pre-existing connection.

I made some tests. It's quite dificult. If nothing is being watched at Chromecast, it works fine. But if somtething is already being played, it will not stop imediatly (already have a connection oppened). No difference if youtube or netflix. Looks like Netflix keeps the same connection while on the video. Youtube looks like create some new when you seek a point on the video. So, the behaviour becames random and gets me some problem. I will do the old way. Just order: "turn of the tv". :grinning: Maybe block the phones on Familly Link,

Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.