[solved] TPLink Omada Clients no available

i just used the defaults.

is there anything else , what i have to check ?

tbh cant find how to set the controller a static ip.

i can only set the AP static ip.

and im sure thats the problem because log say:

AP1(192.168.0.4, mac-xxx) connected to Omada Controller(127.0.0.1, mac-xxxx)
becuase its running in a proxmox container? but i can access the controller via 192.168.0.44 i think i have to tell the AP's where the controller is. i guess they try 127.0.0.1

Set queue discipline cake and script piece of cake.

The proxmox is running on the router?

no seperate host/machine

From a device on the network that isn't the router or the proxmox host can you ping the controller? There should be somewhere in the controller or the proxmox settings that you can set a static ip.

The biggest concern is that the proxmox host is firewalling the proxmox VM... You will need various ports open to the VM so it can talk to the eaps

i can ping 192.168.0.44:8043 its the controller. or the proxmox container. its the "static" ip of this container but inside the omada runs with localhost 127.0.0.1. firewalls deactivated for the controller.

But the controller knows about the EAPs so I think it's ok. It probably listens on all available IPs including 127.0.0.1

i could switch the controller ip.

after restart log:
192.168.0.4, mac-xxx) connected to Omada Controller(192.168.0.44,

thats good. but still no clients. there must be something else.

There are a bunch of UDP ports it uses for control signals

anyway ask in tp-link forum. i saw some thread , there is abug somewhere in newest firmware.

i give feedback if i knew more.

thank you for now dlakelan

1 Like

What a pain. the eaps installed a new firmware. the new firmware wasn compatible with omada v.3

had to backup the settings and reinstall debian/omada. becuase omada controller v4 isnt compatibel with deb 10. omada v3. works with debian 10. huge -.-

Steps:

• Backup Settings
  • Install Debian 9
  • Install Omada v4
  • Restore Backup

Welcome Clients :slight_smile:

Oh yeah I should have said use the v 4 controller. I assumed you were since it's been out for like a year.

In general I suggest to track their firmware upgrades reasonably closely like upgrade between 1mo and 3mo after releases basically. Don't be the guinea pig in the weeks after release but don't wait a couple years either

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.