Hello, I just recently finished my dealings with Samknows. I have a TP-Link WDR-3600 that I got in about 2015. I've searched online and found links to attempt to get into the white box but I seem to be at an impasse. I'm not sure if my box is dead or what. So a bit of a backstory, I've been with Samknows since like I said 2015 and about 2 weeks ago we had a power outage and when the power came back on. All the lights came on on the white box, but it couldn't connect back (the right most light is supposed to go solid when there is a connection back). So upon contacting Samknows they basically said "ok you're done, do with the box what you want". So looking online, I've found this forum and I'm hoping to get some help. I've done the below steps.. I have a command prompt open and I'm pinging 192.168.1.1 and while doing the below steps, the box pings back but eventually it stops, I get the 2 left lights (the sun icon is flashing), and I get the network port flashing. But I can't do anything else, sometimes when I restart and start pressing the button the right most icon will come on and nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated, I'd really like to get this router set up so I can use it. Also, if boot normally it will pull an IP address from the DHCP but I'm unable to do anything with it still.
from Github link
- Disconnect the Whitebox from the internet.
- Connect your computer directly to the Whitebox via Ethernet to one of the four ethernet ports on the Whitebox.
- Configure your computer's IP settings to "Manual" setting the computer's IP address to
192.168.1.2, the Subnet Mask to
255.255.255.0and the Gateway to
- Turn off the Whitebox.
- Turn on the Whitebox.
- Wait for all the lights to come on and turn off once, then spam the "WPS / Reset" button on the back of the Whitebox.
- Continue spamming until the second LED from the left flashes continuosly. You are now in "debug mode".