[Solved] No connection at 192.168.1.1

Yes, as you say, cable from WAN on wndr to LAN on NGV. Yet, surfing to 192.168.2.1 does not bring up the LuCI - Lua Configuration Interface.

The NGV shows the wndr router like this:

Device IP Address / Name Status Connection
/ unknown28c68e18c639 on Ethernet
192.168.1.179 / unknown28c68e18c63a on Ethernet

FWIW, what I'm trying to do here is get the wndr onto the 'net so that I may add the OpenVPN packages.

Your computer is connected where? Should be one of the LAN ports of the WNDR. Also your computer may require you to bring down the network and back up to get a 192.168.2.x address on your computer. But if you aren't able to get the LUCI interface, how are you posting the screenshot? confused.

1 Like

I disconnect the 'puter from it's network. I plug the wndr from it's wan into my computer's ethernet. From there I can see 192.168.2.1. Then, making a screenshot of that page, I disconnect the wndr from my computer's ethernet port, plug the lan cable back into the computer and select it's network (called fail-safe-mode). The screenshot is then pasted into this string of posts.

OK, so you want the "internet" port on the back of the WNDR connected to the NVG device, and you want your computer connected to any one of the "1,2,3,4" Ethernet ports on the WNDR. Then tell computer to restart its network, should get 192.168.2.x address and/or ipv6 address and then you can connect to 192.168.2.1 to further config LuCI

OK, with the 'puter's ethernet cable plugged into the LAN of the wndr, and the WAN of the wndr plugged into the LAN of the NVG, I have net access on the computer and can access the LuCI - Lua Configuration Interface.

Mr. dlakelan, you have been most kind, I cannot thank you enough.

1 Like

Cheers, enjoy.

1 Like

Hello,
Hope someone can help. I have a WNDR4300 flashed with GoldenOrb_Build 2017-12-15.

The LAN ports on the router stays amber. I can not access 192.168.1.1 through any of the LAN ports.
However when I connect through WIFI I can access the LuCI interface. How can I remedy the LAN connection?

@mkguru, you should start a new thread for your issue.

And on https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/ as that isn't OpenWRT/LEDE

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.