[SOLVED] LTE QMI Troubles

Yes, just enable that option in kernel. Enable other required network drivers. Dont go with Luci-protocol-qmi. Your kennel should be Linux OpenWrt 4.14.90. Don't patch it manually since the fix is already there. You shall double check it using editing the source file. Let me know if it works. First time uqmi command might hang. Just cancel it and try to fire the second it will pass :slight_smile:

Hello, there is an alternative to using just QMI available which is to use ModemManager. I am working on a LuCI integration for it also, which is available here New LuCI protocol - luci-proto-modemmanager testing You will have to install ModemManager-openwrt from the feeds listed in the link.

All is well, I was able to connect using my script. However there are few issues to get this working. Spent my two days on this piece of stuff.I found that Luci qmi has major issues and br-LAN has troubles. Its not easy cake walk to get this module to work with QMI. I feel this module is not fully tested or people found workarounds and they went silent without fixing/reporting it on OpenWRT. I will be creating a new post of SIMCOM7600E-H Troubles and hopefully some bugs will be raised.

I'm going to give it a trr, then.

Thanks

I'll wait for your new post, thanks

just edit qmi.sh and add this strings

uqmi -s -d "$device" --get-pin-status &
sleep 3
killall uqmi || echo "UQMI works fine!"

before

while uqmi -s -d "$device" --get-pin-status | grep '"UIM uninitialized"' > /dev/null; do
	[ -e "$device" ] || return 1
	sleep 1;
done

this workaround works for me.

4 Likes

Outstanding! :astonished:
It works!
Many thanks!:grin:

@Daniele If your problem is solved, please consider marking this topic as [Solved]. (Click the pencil behind the topic...)

You can also mark the reply that solved your problem:
grafik

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.