(SOLVED) Building Snapshot Linksys wrt3200acm ( WIFI Not working )

Ok let me start off by saying, I have been flashing firmware for a long time on this Router, Without Issue and if I do run into issues im pretty good at fixing em, Also for the longest time I used Imagebuilder to create my own custom snapshot edition (W/LUCI) then recently over the past few months I just been building from source using github actions:

https://github.com/DevOpenWRT-Router/Action_OpenWRT_AutoBuild_Linksys_Devices

Now after commit: a57d7c29a40ae5b691deafcc267652b918159bc0 <-- generic: fix build warning
Starting with commit: f2961c9c2be6873536fc68bed4bf2da6f3746c98 <-- kernel: bump 5.10 to

My wifi will no longer work: here is a screenshot of what it looks like in LUCI:

Here is my WIFI setup:

wireless.radio0=wifi-device
wireless.radio0.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio0.channel='36'
wireless.radio0.hwmode='11a'
wireless.radio0.path='soc/soc:pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:00.0'
wireless.radio0.country='US'
wireless.radio0.cell_density='0'
wireless.radio0.htmode='VHT80'
wireless.default_radio0=wifi-iface
wireless.default_radio0.device='radio0'
wireless.default_radio0.network='lan'
wireless.default_radio0.mode='ap'
wireless.default_radio0.ssid='LinkSysWRT3200ACM-5GHz'
wireless.default_radio0.encryption='psk-mixed'
wireless.default_radio0.macaddr='24:f5:a2:c1:21:32'
wireless.default_radio0.key='EDITED'
wireless.radio1=wifi-device
wireless.radio1.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio1.channel='11'
wireless.radio1.hwmode='11g'
wireless.radio1.path='soc/soc:pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/0000:02:00.0'
wireless.radio1.htmode='HT20'
wireless.radio1.country='US'
wireless.radio1.cell_density='0'
wireless.default_radio1=wifi-iface
wireless.default_radio1.device='radio1'
wireless.default_radio1.network='lan'
wireless.default_radio1.mode='ap'
wireless.default_radio1.ssid='LinkSysWRT3200ACM-2.4GHz'
wireless.default_radio1.encryption='psk-mixed'
wireless.default_radio1.macaddr='24:f5:a2:c1:21:31'
wireless.default_radio1.key='EDITED'
wireless.radio2=wifi-device
wireless.radio2.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio2.channel='34'
wireless.radio2.hwmode='11a'
wireless.radio2.path='platform/soc/soc:internal-regs/f10d8000.sdhci/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/mmc0:0001:1'
wireless.radio2.htmode='VHT80'
wireless.radio2.disabled='1'
wireless.radio2.cell_density='0'
wireless.default_radio2=wifi-iface
wireless.default_radio2.device='radio2'
wireless.default_radio2.network='lan'
wireless.default_radio2.mode='ap'
wireless.default_radio2.key='EDITED'
wireless.default_radio2.encryption='psk-mixed'
wireless.default_radio2.ssid='LinkSysWRT3200ACM-Guest'

Now anything before the above commit, it works just fine.
I have been building firmware for a while, Just recently after they bumped kernel to 5.10.53 and .54..
Currently using Testing Kernel: 5.10.52 .....

I have tried using a ImageBuilder and creating current Image, Even that one didnt work under WIFI.
even tried using, https://divested.dev/unofficial-openwrt-builds/mvebu-linksys/
Image and WIFI not working.. Also, Note that I did do many resets with still NOGO..
My only issue is with WIFI, Recently when I flash and dont keep current settings, The WIRELESS
in /etc/config is missing.. and the LUCI app control for wireless is not listed as wel.. Do to it missing in /etc/config

I even restored personal config with wireless all setup.. and that only enabled
the screenshot above.. with wireless not working at all.....

It doesnt seem anyone else is having this issue. So can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this..

Should also note that for some reason.. in Luci-app-advanced-reboot, among status. it keeps
listing my current kernel as 5.10.52 no matter if I flash any other image that has different kernel, I even flashed an image with the 5.4.x kernel.. and it still shows up as 5.10.52.
even image with 5.10.56 and still shows up as 5.10.52..
So anyone.. please guide me in the right direction.. if I had hair. I would be pulling it out about now..
I been trying to figure this out for over a week now.. I am lost as to what else to do.. My roouter cant be faulty, it works perfect before that COMMIT I listed above.

before anyone ask me, Yes I created a patch to disable the kernel bumps and created a build.
and it worked perfect.. But now, even if I disable the kernel bumps, it wont work....

So can someone explain what I am doing wrong before I scalp my self. (joking).

But really. Need help.

Should also note that if I flash image of none working WIFI, and option to not keep settings so that it resets everything.. and wireless file thats supposed to be /etc/config is not there..
and the luci-app- for wireless, is not there.. But if I restore my personal config with wireless settings.. then wireless app is there.. but still broken....
So app is being installed.. and anyhow, since I have used a few dif images from other sources, Like imagebuilder Snapshot W/luci and
Divested image.. and still same issue even with a full reset.....

So again.. LOST to the all this.

/etc/config/wireless not generated means the radios are not detected, implying you are missing requisite bits in your image generation; or they are borked, but htat would not appear to be the case.

I get that.. but need help in figuring out hat I can do or check to find out what the deal is..
doesnt happen when I git reset --hard commit hash to a earlier date.

Well, if your config.seed / manifest indicate that all required bits are built, check dmesg for any error as to correct radio setup (mwlwifi); if it is trying, presumably there will be an error regarding failure.

Edit: By way of a data point, I just enabled and brought up the radios on a rango with master r17307-4b2dc4dbbf running 5.10.57 kernel, so the issue is not the OpenWrt tree.

I dont get it then, because everyone else not having issue. only me. and for it to work without problem, I would have to git reset --hard HASH to that commit I said above in OP...

and in LOG I dont see much.. Can you possibly share your .config SEED so I can see if something is missing or there and shouldnt be//

There are images to be found off the link on my avatar with config.seed / manifest.

1 Like

Hey man, I want to thank you for your HELP.. I figured out the issue using your images..

Let me explain, I flashed your image, and No wifi.. radio off.. and it kept saying kernel 5.10.52
which we all know is wrong. So I did next best thing.........

flashed your image a 2nd time to cover the other Partition. then everything worked perfect..

Seems some how the 2 partitions got screwed up and causing whatever partition I use to have same kernel 5.10.52 and thats why I couldnt flash any image higher then kernel 5.10.52. It was not setting the kernel correctly. After flashing your images on both partitions.. it worked.....

So even know you didnt help me directory, you did help me in-directly..
So thank you again.

Not sure why this happened.. But glad I got it figured out..

Again with your help..

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.