[SOLVED] Bricked my router, next steps

We all learn best from our own experience, you should not be disappointed.
Pad can be glued back on or you can use a wire.
The corrupt read/write is most likely due to incorrect voltage levels (this IC is 3v, high 2,xx to 3,6v if I recall correctly). And it is only ~3$ worth. I have a few 128mbit 3v soic16 that I would donate but your pad is 8.
I do not mind to get it fixed for you (feeling sort of responsible) but I am in the US and I guess you are not.

Thanks! I certainly did learn a lot along the way.

Yup and the SOP8 clip kept slipping off. :stuck_out_tongue: I'll have to rewire the programmer like you showed me.

Totally my fault, don't worry about it. I suck at microsoldering. I can certainly buy new chips, but the reason I wanted to revive this one was because I thought maaybe it had the Wi-Fi calibration data still intact. Not sure about that still because all the reads are weird, but maybe if I rewire the programmer it'll read fine.

@vov4ik_il I tried your suggestion at modifying the CH341A programmer today. The soldering part went really well, but upon connecting the USB to the computer, the leg broke off of the CH341A chip. I looked at the chip and the pin had broken off way into the chip so there's no way of rebridging the connection.

Yup I suck at soldering lol. Time to get a new programmer...

I think this is the farthest I'll ever go with this router. I already have a good enough new router and this router is so old at this point that there's really not much point in reviving it, if it's even possible. Thanks for all the help over the past couple of days.

You must have Hulk hands my friend :smiley:
Did you brake off the USB?

Nope, the pin on the CH341A chip itself. You know how you're supposed to wire the voltage changing thing, a side of a capacitor, and a pin on the CH341A chip? Well the solder job went well (yes I had to like, solder 40 times or so to get it to sit properly) but the pin broke off after some time. I'm guessing it was weakened by the constant heat from the solder iron.

Bummer... Time for a new one I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.