ucd-snmp/vmstat \
        util_funcs \
        utilities/execute \
+       ip-mib/ipAddressTable \
+       ip-forward-mib/inetCidrRouteTable \
+       ip-forward-mib/ipCidrRouteTable \

I am asking this, because without these modules, LibreNMS is blind with OpenWRT
no proper addresses, no complete routing

and this way, i need to edit Makefile in every new release and compile myself net-snmp package

hope it is doable
tnx
Petya

• How is that related to snmpd working or not?
  • What is LibreNMS - is it OpenWrt related?

Just reading - it seems you're asking snmpd to be compiled with IP setting and route functionality, correct?

(You don't really make that clear.)

I'm curious, what routing use case causes the needs to compile this for an OpenWrt device?

hi @lleachii

as you already know, SNMP is a hard requirement for anything beyond basic home use network. It will provide information about device, ports, wifi, temperatures etc
To get these information in some useful way, you need a program on other end which will read these data and display them in some meaningful way.
My biggest problem is: OpenWRT is primary a network router, and every network device need to be able to provide information about addresses and routes via SNMP
There is bunch of standard MIBs created for this purpose

I am using LibreNMS (yes, i send there many PR/patch in past) for monitoring, and it was very problematic to have a network device without network information :slight_smile:

so i asking DEVs that include these few lines in default SNMP daemon to be able to get these standard information

It is not LibreNMS specific, it is SNMPD specific stuff
And believe me, when you have more than few device in network, you are blind without SNMP / LLDP / Monitoring

for example, using LibreNMS to show which port belong to same network