Snapshot 19.07 login query loop

I installed the snapshot and the LUCI GUI via SSH and am now stuck on the login screen of the GUI. There is a loop requesting me to "A new login is required since the authentication session expired."

Please help me resolve this. Since I'm a novice, please elaborate on your answers. Thanks!

Does your device happen to be an ar71xx, whose snapshot firmware hasn't been updated since June?

No, I'm using a TP-Link TL-WDR4900 V.02.

I was recommended to upgrade to the snapshot by my vpn provider as the service stopped working in China, SS being blocked.

I have access to the router via WinSCP. If there is something I can tweak in there to, for example, delete the legacy password and start over the password assignment process, that would be ideal.

This is the underlying error message:

RPC call to luci/getFeatures failed with error -32700: Parse error at handleCallReply (eval code:12:1)

after another refresh:

/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:315: /etc/config/luci seems to be corrupt, unable to find section 'main'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:315: in function 'dispatch'
	/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:208: in function </usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:207>

Backup your configs and sysupgrade without saving settings.

I managed to sysupgrade without saving settings. The result was the same, even though the system asked for a new password, the same error messages appeared.

To be clear, if you upgraded a snapshot, this also means you reinstalled LuCI?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.