Slower upload on Mikrotik hex S RB760iGS

Hello all,

I have a symmetric 1Gbps FTTH connection, and I just replaced the ISP provided router with this mikrotik and openwrt. After enabling hardware offload, I was able to get 1Gbps download, but below 300Mbps upload.

When testing bufferbloat, latency spikes a bit more on the upload test as well (about 50ms).

I tried disabling IPv6 because of this thread, which I don't understand completely, but it didn't help.

Any pointers? Should I share any logs or config? I'm on 22.03.0-rc4.

Hi @andrewalker .

I got issues with down/up too. I'm interested in the "enabling hardware offload" method. Got some link please ?

Thank you mate.

Ok i think i got it. Just wanted to do via conf/cli but it works via gui

I got better performances now.

Right, that's the place indeed. You can see the changes LuCi made to the configuration files.

But even then, I don't get much more than 300Mbps upload, even though it was supposed to be 1Gbps. Do you? I do get the full download speed, though.

When I made the suggested LuCi changes; these were the only two changes made to the firewall file.

1 Like

hi

i figured out the settings are in /etc/config/firewall :

option flow_offloading '1'                                                                                                                                                            
        option flow_offloading_hw '1'   

I don't get my full isp's bandwidth :

[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
[  5]   0.00-10.01  sec   717 MBytes   601 Mbits/sec  286             sender
[  5]   0.00-10.02  sec   717 MBytes   600 Mbits/sec                  receiver

The sfp kernel's module could be in cause :

[  242.612130] sfp sfp1: failed to read SFP soft status: -6
[  504.873404] sfp sfp1: module transmit fault indicated
[  506.203408] sfp sfp1: module transmit fault recovered

need to check if there's some patch.

also could possibly be a hint :
https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/What_can_I_do_about_Bufferbloat/