Very new here, so I'm sorry ahead of time. I have 2 OpenWRT routers (The main is a VM). My main router manages everything (DHCP, Port Forwarding..). I want my secondary router get the DHCP statics from my main router. I've mistakenly cut myself out from the router a couple times, so some assistance would be very appreciated. Keep in mind I only know how to use luci web interface.
Things I've tried, in no particular order:
- Interfaces >> LAN >> DHCP >> General Setup >> Unchecked: Ignore interface
- Interfaces >> LAN >> DHCP >> Advanced Settings >> Unchecked: Dynamic DHCP & Force
- DHCP & DNS >> General Settings >> Unchecked: Authoritative
- Interfaces >> LAN: Set as DHCP..
- Uninstalled Dnsmasq..
It was pretty simple in ddwrt, that's why I'm coming here. I must be missing something obvious.. In the meantime It's due for a fresh OpenWRT restart to undo my experimenting.
Edit: Wow it really was easy. These are the steps I used to make a dumb ap after a reset to default:
- Moved cable going into my dumb routers WAN port to an empty LAN port.
- Network >> Wireless >> Enabled & Configured Radios
- Network >> Interfaces >> LAN (Edit) >> General Settings >> Protocol: DHCP Client
- Network >> Interfaces >> LAN (Edit) >> DHCP Server >> Ignore Interface: Checked
- Save & Apply