Size difference of rootfs_data in muptile SOC

Hi,

I am working on openwrt project, and i have flashed the image on multiple devices after flashing the image i have observed that the partition layout which contains rootfs_data size is different on multiple devices. can any one explain why the size difference of rootfs_data in multiple devices.

It will greatly assist others if you show what devices you have tested + paste the output in code tags ( ^ < / > ) of this command on each...

mount; df; block info; cat /proc/mtd

Although the most likely answer is the same for all other partition sizes in openwrt. For most devices this is closely related to what partitioning scheme is used in oem firmware...

Think of it like an OEM PC, where you can install anything you want... but cannot delete or create partitions... Logically, each model PC you purchase will then pretty much dictate how much space you have to work with... ( #oversimplified ).

In a nutshell, take the storage, find how much space is for OEM rootfs... minus the openwrt rootfs size ( which will vary between differing devices due to build in package sets ) and your pretty much left with your rootfs_data available...

Search the forum for threads where people try to upgrade flash or alter partition sizes if you want to read the gory low-level details... But commonly, usb overlay is the prescribed and robust avenue for anything non-standard... and easy... when it comes to default partition sizes...

What exactly are you trying to do?