Setup an Odroid H2+ with OpenWrt

This 19.07.7 image doesn't work with the rtl8125. I am using a snapshot from earlier in this thread that works but since it's using a snapshot the kernel versions mismatch kernel module packages in opkg. Wanted to use the bonding modules but they target kernel 5.4 and the snapshot I used is 5.10

Sorry I must have uploaded the wrong file. I just uploaded again, along with the separate r8125 driver ipk file, you can install the ipk file on the official 19.07.7 image.

The image below also has UEFI and NVME support

kernel verion 4.14.221-1-68143adfcb7fc62a239c4be112fe40de

openwrt-19.07.7-x86-64-uefi-gpt-ext4.img.gz

kmod-r8125_4.14.221+9.005.01-x86-1_x86_64.ipk

Thanks, got that working.

Oddly kmod-bonding threw an error about kernel version even though it seemed to be the same. --force-depends got it going. Any idea how I can get ahold of an ipk for luci-proto-bonding for 19.07.7?

I was able to install kmod-bonding and proto-bonding from the official 19.07 rep source without any problem

There's no luci-proto-bonding package, if you have the source code, I can compile it for you

I can't really say, I tried opkg over Luci and SSH same error about a kernel dependency with Kmod-bonding. Once I forced the install of the kernel module proto-bonding worked fine since the module was a dependency

I think this is the source:
https://github.com/coolsnowwolf/lede/commit/74ac0f5b8b1ca72491925eaf62e70b944e15ff5d

luci-proto-bonding_210427.07811_all.ipk

not tested

built from the official luci rep: https://github.com/openwrt/luci/tree/master/protocols/luci-proto-bonding

are you using the official opkg source? have you made opkg update?

Thanks for the ipk, I appreciate it. The package does install and add the bonding configuration to Luci. I haven't gotten a working bonding config from Luci yet so I can't say how functional it is. (failed the first attempt)

I haven't changed anything from the posted image and you have to update to use OPKG from the GUI. I don't know that there's much more that I can say about it since it's already installed and running.

Testing out some configs and it got away from me a bit so I imaged a new USB drive with your image. I upgraded all available packages and tried to install kmod-bonding again and got the same error as last time, this time I copied it:

Installing kmod-bonding (4.14.221-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.7/targets/x86/64/packages/kmod-bonding_4.14.221-1_x86_64.ipk

Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-bonding:
 * 	kernel (= 4.14.221-1-68143adfcb7fc62a239c4be112fe40de)
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-bonding.

So again I had to:

$ opkg install --force-depends kmod-bonding

Seems to install fine with that and I can get what looks to be a working bonding config, I have yet to test it though

man after 8 months of using this device on openwrt, It just can't compare to my wrt3200acm 99% uptime. This thing fails me every couple of days and requires a manual reboot so after many restless nights over this, im pulling the plug on this device. I hope yall can get this thing working some day but i'm out.

I can't say anything about having openwrt running on bare metal (was to much waste of hardware because that thing is really powerful) on the h2+. But as vm on proxmox with the NICs passed through I have a uptime of 60 days with the openwrt image I posted, so i can't complain about stability.