Setting up DSA

Hi All,

I have been using OpenWRT on a Xiaomi 4C for about a year now and since the 4C does not support gigabit ethernet, I thought of moving to a Xiaomi 4AGigabit router

After flashing the firmware, I realized the Switch menu wasn't visible under the interface tab. It seems like this model doesn't support SWConfig and instead, DSA is supported. I tried to recreate my older setup in this X4AG router because I didn't know how to configure DSA.
No matter how I try, I can save the DSA configuration. It seems like I am doing something wrong

Below is a screenshot of the switch/vlan config of my old Xiaomi 4C router

It would be highly appreciated if someone could help me with this one. my end goal here is to use MWAN3 for some traffic routing based on the websites(i am going to use ipsets)

Just remove lan2 from the default bridge and use it to create the second wan interface.

config device
        option name 'br-lan'
        option type 'bridge'
        list ports 'lan1'

config interface 'lan'
        option device 'br-lan'

config interface 'wan'
        option device 'wan'

config interface 'wanb'
        option device 'lan2'
1 Like

Thank you...

is that all? shouldn't I configure VLAN as I did back in swconfig? sorry if I sound silly, I am new to these.

Yes, that's it.
You don't need to create vlans (in this case) because DSA treats each switch port as a separate interface.

1 Like

Even if when all interfaces are not "real" individual interfaces?

so I have been wasting hours for something useless at this case... see how stupid I am :stuck_out_tongue:
I will now start configuring the MWAN3 and will try the following setup. I should be able to create the following setup without any extra effort, right?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
If I wasn't clear due to my poor English skills, please read the information available on the link below.

http://trac.gateworks.com/wiki/linux/vlan#LinuxDistributedSwitchArchitecture

Right.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Yes, it works like a charm. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.