Setting up a simple point to point wireless bridge

Hey everyone, first post here. I used to play with ubiquiti and some mikrotik stuff years ago, but nothing in a long time and need some help.
I need to setup a simple wireless bridge for my IP cctv camera.

I have 2x 8devices boards, one will be an AP connected to the camera, the other will be STA, connected to the nvr.

I setup the AP as 192.168.1.1, with wifi enabled with auto channel and 20mhz channel.

Station is 192.168.1.2, wireless is connected but I can’t get any data through the Ethernet. Is there a simple setup? Clearly I’m missing a step using Luci web interface. Can someone point me to a tutorial? I guess this would’ve a simple bridge, correct?

Thanks

If you have atheros hardware perhaps try using WDS:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/atheroswds

Otherwise, try relayd. Basics are sumarised here:

See also section 9.10 of Installation guide for HH5a for more detailed guide:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c8cqmpc6cacs5n8/AAA2f8htk1uMitBckDW8Jq88a?dl=0

nl80211 based WDS/ 4addr is not restricted to Atheros wireless, but it does require a FOSS/ mainline linux based driver using nl80211, which effectively restricts you to running OpenWrt on all devices involved.

Which should be fine as both boards are exactly the same. Thanks

I’ll give relayd a try tomorrow. I installed the package but ran out enthusiasms for the night :grimacing:

Cheers

If you have OpenWrt running on both devices (meaning you don't need to retain compatibility with non-OpenWrt APs/ repeaters in the mix), you should strongly prefer WDS/ 4addr over relayd. WDS/ 4addr is both easier to set up and deals fine with IPv6 traffic, which relayd can't do at all; WDS/ 4addr is more reliable in general.

Relayd works like a charm thanks. It’s weird tho, I can’t really get multicast traffic through it properly (about 16mbps). It seems to work fine both with ubiquiti and mikrotik stuff so there must be a fix in open wrt as well.

I had a configuration with relayd on both ends (AP and Station) and it was topping out at around 60Mbps. I improved performance significantly (from 60Mbps to 95Mbps on a 100Mbps LAN device) by running WDS on both ends, and relayd only on the Access Point.