SDK with source code for ralink and MediaTek (RT3883 RT3352 RT5350 RT3052 MT7620 MT7621)

I found this: https://github.com/houzhenggang/mt7620_sdk
I was able to extract the source with:

cat source.tar.bz2.part1 source.tar.bz2.part2 > source.tar.bz2
tar xvjf source.tar.bz2

It seems the source code ( Version 4.1.2.0 ) of the linux SDK for the the MediaTek 7620, 7621 and Ralink 3883 3352 5350 3052.

Considering the problems that plague MT7620 (ex: NEXX 3020 (MT7620) Wi-Fi issues Xiaomi MiWifi mini wireless signal question), I wonder if these can help to fix the drivers for the routers that use these chips.

Are these something new?
I know they are for kernel linux-2.6.36.x but can they help?

cc: @daniel

1 Like

Most likely using proprietary (closed-source) driver from Mediatek. Just give it a try, I think their driver sets up a wireless device like 'ra' .

FYI out of all released Linux 2.6.36.x versions, it seems it is closest to 2.6.36 (initial release):

$ parallel --tag 'diff -urNw {} -I "[$]Id[:$]" linux-2.6.36.x/ | diffstat | grep insertions' ::: linux-*[0-9] | sort -V
linux-2.6.36	 3706 files changed, 1737598 insertions(+), 1680 deletions(-)
linux-2.6.36.1	 3775 files changed, 1737730 insertions(+), 2050 deletions(-)
linux-2.6.36.2	 4026 files changed, 1738760 insertions(+), 4524 deletions(-)
linux-2.6.36.3	 4164 files changed, 1739728 insertions(+), 5851 deletions(-)
linux-2.6.36.4	 4299 files changed, 1740368 insertions(+), 7382 deletions(-)

Here is the diffstat (https://pastebin.com/raw/ur2KtdKj) and a preview:

Documentation/cris/README                                                                                                       |    4
 Documentation/fb/sstfb.txt                                                                                                      |    2
 Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt                                                                                             |    2
 Documentation/scsi/aic7xxx_old.txt                                                                                              |    2
 Makefile                                                                                                                        |    5
 arch/cris/arch-v10/drivers/pcf8563.c                                                                                            |    2
 arch/cris/arch-v32/drivers/pcf8563.c                                                                                            |    2
 arch/microblaze/boot/dts/system.dts                                                                                             |  364
 net/netfilter/xt_layer7.c                                                                                                       |  685
 net/netfilter/xt_webstr.c                                                                                                       |  481
 net/sched/Kconfig                                                                                                               |   31
 net/sched/Makefile                                                                                                              |    1
 net/sched/sch_esfq.c                                                                                                            |  702
 ralink/Kconfig                                                                                                                  |  188
 scripts/Makefile.lib                                                                                                            |   28
 scripts/gen_initramfs_list.sh                                                                                                   |   10
 scripts/mod/sumversion.c                                                                                                        |    2
 scripts/xz_wrap.sh                                                                                                              |   23
 usr/Kconfig                                                                                                                     |   18
 usr/Makefile                                                                                                                    |    5
 usr/initramfs_data.xz.S                                                                                                         |   29
 3706 files changed, 1737598 insertions(+), 1680 deletions(-)
```