Samba slow transfer speed on wifi both 2.4 and 5ghz

Samba 3.6 slow transfer speed on wifi both 2.4 and 5ghz

I am getting slow transfer speed on Samba 3.6. I am getting only 1.2 MBps (Mega Bytes) on both 5ghz and 2.4 ghz. I tested with Wired connection, there I am getting full speed (12MBps via 2.4ghz connection). Only wifi speed is slow.
Router : TP-Link Archer C5 v4

OpenWRT : OpenWrt 18.06.7 r7976-ca47026b7d / LuCI openwrt-18.06 branch (git-20.356.64372-1259bb1)

USB : Sandisk 16GB USB drive (NTFS formatted)

I have attached the screenshots. Someone please help me...

Try to format your USB stick in ext4, or FAT32 rather than NTFS.

But I am getting full speed when connected through Ethernet cable ..Only through wifi, i am getting low speed 1.2 MBps

What do you mean? What has 2.4GHz to do with wired?

ohh sorry I mean ethernet. I am unable to correct the lines in the post.

When I connect my computer to openwrt router through ethernet connection and try to read or write some data to my shared USB am getting full speed. But i am getting only 1.2 MBps read write speed when my computer connected through wifi (2.4 Ghz and 5ghz). this is the issue.

I can see that your router has few memory (64 MB) and a slow CPU. What is the load average when you copy through ethernet, and through wifi ? Do you have a good bandwith with wifi when downloading (internet, not samba) ?

Load through wifi
Load Average : 0.65, 0.20, 0.10

Load through Ethernet
Load Average : 3.27, 1.68, 0.73 (increasing)

Also my openwrt router is configured in Client Mode and connected to main modem/router through 2.5ghz wifi,so I am getting only half of my original internet bandwidth in the openwrt router. Openwrt router has both 2.4 and 5ghz access points. Also transmission torrent client is installed in the openwrt router.

memory info when copying a file from usb to computer via Ethernet
root@OpenWrt:~# cat /proc/meminfo | head
MemTotal: 60272 kB
MemFree: 12664 kB
MemAvailable: 10736 kB
Buffers: 7572 kB
Cached: 13088 kB
SwapCached: 0 kB
Active: 17080 kB
Inactive: 14008 kB
Active(anon): 11316 kB
Inactive(anon): 288 kB

So basically you have a router/AP, and a wifi_repeater/NAS/Torrent_client. Are you sure you are connected to the repeater when accessing Samba? If yes, can you see if for some reason the traffic is detoured to the router/AP?

Link your primary and your secondary routers with an ethernet wire.
Is your secondary configure in dumb AP or as a real routeur ?
Configuring a NAS/torrentclient/samba server on such a small device (64 MB) will overload the memory.

If i connect my devices to main router, i cannot access anything from openwrt router like Transmission, Samba etc. these things are accessible only when i connected to openwrt router directly.

If yes, can you see if for some reason the traffic is detoured to the router/AP? - How can I check this ?

Is your secondary configure in dumb AP or as a real router ? - dumb AP ? Can you explain that ?
Configuring a NAS/torrentclient/samba server on such a small device (64 MB) will overload the memory. - But no issues when connected to openwrt router using Ethernet wire and getting full transfer speed.

If that is not intended, your OpenWrt is configured wrongly. It should be configured as access point or wireless repeater. But that has nothing to do with your problem, as far as I can see.

It's not the case, but you could have checked it by looking at the realtime graphs in the webinterface. If the uplink to the main router transfers about as much data as you get from Samba (with transmission and other jammers switched off), the data is detoured.

About your performance problem, is that also occurring when transmission is switched off? Wifi is a shared medium. Only one node can speak at a time. So when transmission is using airtime by sending and receiving data, samba transfers have to wait, which is not the case when using wire.

The way you describe your configuration is unclear.