RV-Link WF-CON WIFI Internet Extender for Recreational Vehicles

Has anyone explored this unit? I like the interface and I've been looking for something like it for Openwrt.

It's two routers; one inside and one outside, and the operation is transparent to the user. Well done.

For about US$40 you can buy two GL.iNet routers and for another $5 a hunk of Ethernet cable. Maybe another $5 for a plastic tub you glue over the outside one... US$50, runs OpenWrt, done and done.

Well yeah, except.... The Magnadyne hardware comes pre-wired in some RVs and it's housed in the base of the already installed antenna. So installation is literally 10 minutes or less.

Also, I haven't been able to find an OpenWrt UI for this. Luci works but it's too complex for most casual users.

And then there's the matter of drilling holes in your RV roof and voiding the warranty on it.....

So buy two, two-band units and use wireless for the link. Still well under that price and better supported. Turn-key with GL.iNet firmware or OpenWrt and Travelmate package.

https://www.gl-inet.com/products/gl-ar750s/ -- compact, 5 V powered, excellent build quality and software support, in my opinion. Combine with a unit of your choice inside.