Rpi4 < $(community_build)

how can i get this?

why i am getting this error when accessing pi4 page?

I was trying to access real time graph and connections when this happened.
so many connections

To be efficient, you should set up Grafana & InfluxDB on another machine somewhere (I run them on an old Pi3B+ using docker, with an NFS connection to my NAS for storage)

You can enable the Network plugin under Luci -> Statistics -> Setup -> Output Plugins -> Network: You'll need to add the IP & port of your influxDB server.

Don't forget to enable the collectd service inside InfluxDB config!

In Grafana you'll need to add the InfluxDB datasource and database, then you can import this JSON into a new Dashboard to get the same as I have above.

The only additional package I added was collectd-mod-ping which can be installed through opkg

Edit - Once you've done this you can disable RRDTool in Output Plugins if you like to save a few cycles on your Pi4.

2 Likes

until other build users experience something similar... all you can do is start fresh with a new factory image ( or use official image ) and do not restore any configs/backups.

your connection count is likely not build related and several examples have been given as to the cause and how to identify causes within this thread....

1 Like

after reboot it is working fine

1 Like

dnsmasq vulnerability

effects builds prior to 2.7.15-2_r15599

EDIT20210204: option1 now off image / repos removed today
OPTION1: just-login/via DAILY-UPDATE-CHECK

OPTION2: UPDATE-DNSMASQ-HELPER-STANDALONE

one-liner
curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wulfy23/rpi4/master/utilities/dnsmasqfix.sh > /tmp/dnsmasqfix.sh; chmod +x /tmp/dnsmasqfix.sh; /tmp/dnsmasqfix.sh
2 Likes

I just ordered a Geekworm X728 UPS for the Pi. Does anyone here have any experience with Pi UPS hats + openwrt?

It would be awesome if NUT will work with it, but I guess Ill find out this coming Tuesday...

1 Like
Fri Jan 22 14:45:21 UTC 2021 upgrade: Image signature not present
Fri Jan 22 14:45:21 UTC 2021 upgrade: Image metadata not present
Fri Jan 22 14:45:21 UTC 2021 upgrade: Use sysupgrade -F to override this check when downgrading or flashing to vendor firmware                                                                             Fri Jan 22 14:45:21 UTC 2021 upgrade: Reading partition table from bootdisk...
/usr/libexec/validate_firmware_image: line 106: can't open /tmp/latest.tar.gz: no such file
Fri Jan 22 14:45:21 UTC 2021 upgrade: Reading partition table from image...
Fri Jan 22 14:45:21 UTC 2021 upgrade: Invalid partition table on /tmp/image.bs
Failed to parse message data
sh: out of range                                                                                     Fri Jan 22 14:45:21 UTC 2021 upgrade: AUTORESTORE [ok]
Fri Jan 22 14:45:25 UTC 2021 upgrade: Saving config files...
Fri Jan 22 14:45:27 UTC 2021 upgrade: [MULTILOGIC]v off
Fri Jan 22 14:45:27 UTC 2021 upgrade: [sync and drop_caches]
Fri Jan 22 14:45:27 UTC 2021 upgrade: Commencing upgrade. Closing all shell sessions.
{
        "error": {
                "message": "Firmware image couldn't be validated: no JSON input"
        }
}
Command failed: Unknown error
1 Like

looks like the rpi-sysup-online.sh (likely) has some bugs... you supplied a no-existo image name...

just use regular sysupgrade or luci....

tried again and it is done. :hugs:

Really cool. I might suggest that you subtract the idle percent CPU from 100 to get used CPU instead. Non ancient Grafana versions have a math button in the query builder.

2 Likes

that first dnsmasq-fix ( logspam@2.83 ) definitely resulted in more than just logspam...

better one is up now so advisable to re-run one-liner or login... as mentioned in post above...

apologies for the inadvertent impact on your resolution proforma :wink:

2.7-noteworthy-changes

GENERAL INFO

• dnsmasq logspam fix ( see post 5-6 up )
  • added collectd-mod-disk/dns/(ping) seems lightweight enough in my initial testing... but please let me know if you see high loads etc...

ADVANCED/POWER USERS

• new cmdline.txt 'fsckparts' option ( i'm using it... but ~70%+ people likely would never need it... login message lets you know if it's ever mounted read-only anyway )
  • wrt.ini options for 'hackorific rpi4.qos' wip... but provided mostly as proof of concept edit: just noticed a bug with this after boot... needed an sqm restart...
### THESE ARE NOT MANDATORY and YOU COULD USE THEM FOR A 'POWER DEVICE' not just gaming
#RPI4QOS_GAMING_MACS="ab:cd 11:22"
#RPI4QOS_GAMING_LEARNCONNECTIONS=1 #DEBUGGINGONLY
1 Like

Hello,

Sorry to ask a newbie question but I'd like to get better at this. I understand how to flash an SD card with the factory version of this but am now at a loss as to how to go further.

I have an existing Pi4 with an older open WRT image running and working okay. I have a spare SD card which so far I have flashed the factory version of the community build on to.

I don't understand and am failing to find out where/what I edit to do this. Do I edit something once the default build is running then do an update/upgrade? Is this all specific to the Pi4 community build or is there somewhere I can learn about this more generally?

In case someone is happy to help me more directly I'm wanting a fairly simple set up, I use an E3372h 4G dongle for WAN , will need to Pi to be set to an IP address of 192.168.9.1 to avoid clashing with the dongle. I want to run SQM QOS. If I can learn to do this and how to get it backed up so it's easy to restore then I can probaly pick things up from there.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

If you have a spare sdcard flashed already and don't wish to migrate settings from non-community then pop it in and away you go...

Other than that... you'll have to re-ask or ask your question/s more specifically... not super clear on what you are wanting to know... ( but can see you are on the verge of a good question here also )

Regarding dongle/wan/sqm/ip etc. it's not technically unique to this build (apart from enabling services you need which appear possibly to be only sqm) so you'd be best to have a go...

1 Like

Thanks, was a bit worried about getting a negative response!

To try to be more specific, when I specify to install say SQM, what file do I edit? And where/when do I edit it, i.e over the console when OpenWRT is running, or from Luci or do I edit a config file before flashing the SD card?

After that say if I want to retain the way SQM is configured does that happen automatically when I update or do I need to specify the settings somewhere so they are retained/reapplied?

1 Like

sqm is installed... it just needs to be enabled... this is described on the top post

this is common sqm setup for which there are many documents and guides available here in the forum or wiki...

not before flashing as nothing is there... ( if you mean sysupgrade see point below )

yes ( search the thread for ENABLEDSERVICES to have sqm auto-enabled after the upgrade )

Thanks, maybe SQM was a bad choice of example! Also i made a flub by saying before flashing, I meant to say after flashing but before putting the card in the Pi :slight_smile:

So for things that i want to stay enabled after upgrading do I need to edit a file on the SD card before upgrading or do I need to edit something in the new image?

Also is luci enabled automitically and is there a way to change the IP address of the router by editing the SD card before putting it in the Pi?

Sorry if these seem like silly questions, I'm just not quite getting my head around things!

1 Like

technically it is possible to place your existing sqm-config file on the sdcard prior to booting... but usually re-setup is a few clicks so better to do that I think

only 'extra' things that not everyone uses... sqm is one of them... it can be edited in LUCI > services > banip > advanced > wrt.ini ( edit: post 2021-02-05 > system > startup )

ENABLEDSERVICES="sqm"

yes

yes... but you will need an existing network config file to use as a sample or just copy your old one, again... setup is generally a few clicks so it not normally worth the trouble

Thanks for all this, I'll give it a whirl and see what happens and come back if I have specific problems.

Cheers,
Dave

1 Like

I got the X728 UPS on the Pi lastnight. This morning I ran it for close to 3 hours on two old 18650 vape 3000mah vape batteries and the battery LEDs were still showing over 75% capacity. Not to worry, brand new batteries are on the way along with the add-on board to hold 2 more batteries.

I expect more snow and power outages sometime before winter is over... I'm ready. :smile:

Now I just need to find the time to fiddle with this script and see if I can come up with something that works. I'd love to have battery level and AC power show up on a graph in statistics or status overview page in the future.

If anyone has suggestions that would save me some time let me know!

https://raspberrypiwiki.com/X728

2 Likes