Rpi4 < $(community_build)

I don't know how well @moeller0's fork works. I think he has been experimenting with various changes. Whatever change is of benefit will get pulled into the main code I am developing.

The code here:

Certainly works at the moment on my LTE connection but it is still experimental. The service file works to enable service but needs to be restarted with any SQM change. Perhaps a call to this service script should be placed inside the main SQM script so that when the SQM script is restarted the autorate service script is also restarted. Also take care to disable logging as otherwise one log line per tick. That said we'd love a day's worth of data output to the memory card on RPi to test over a day's usage.

The readme in the link above gives some help about how the script works.

The script is designed to stay at the minimum set download and upload on zero load. Because without load the capacity of the connection is unknown. When there is a load it then increases the bandwidth until any RTT spike is detected, at which point it eases back.

So the idea is that it recovers otherwise lost bandwidth associated with having to set a compromise bandwidth which won't even work all of the time.

So imagine orange load here. Starts at 0 but increases. It goes beyond what is available so the script knocks it back down.

Here is some real data:

And here:

2 Likes