Rpi-4 build error libustream-wolfssl

Hi all,

I am trying to use the image builder to generate a custom build for the Raspberry Pi 4b. I get the following errors when I make it. I have confirmed this error on both a local machine that successfully build the images for the 21.02 series. This error is also reproduced with builds from the image builder. All 22.03 series releases have the same error. I'm guessing it's either an issue with the packaging of libustream-wolfssl or related to the Signature check failure on packages/Packages.sig
I'm not sure if this warrants a bug report or not. I have been reciving the error for over 24 hours now.

Downloading file:packages/Packages
Updated list of available packages in /home/aparcar/asu/worker2/cache/22.03.0-rc5/bcm27xx/bcm2711/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a72_musl/root-bcm27xx/../../../../../../../../../../../home/aparcar/asu/worker2/cache/22.03.0-rc5/bcm27xx/bcm2711/dl/imagebuilder
Downloading file:packages/Packages.sig
Signature check failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libwolfssl5.4.0.ee39414e for libustream-wolfssl20201210
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for libustream-wolfssl found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libustream-wolfssl.
 * pkg_hash_check_unresolved: cannot find dependency libwolfssl5.4.0.ee39414e for wpad-basic-wolfssl
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for wpad-basic-wolfssl found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package wpad-basic-wolfssl.
make[2]: *** [Makefile:169: package_install] Error 255
make[1]: *** [Makefile:124: _call_image] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:242: image] Error 2
2 Likes

Hoping it will be fixed with this commit.

After applying this commit, "make" works but "make image" using the image builder image created from the same "make" keeps failing with the same error. I don't think this commit https://github.com/jmarcet/openwrt/commit/ec5896cf08a53210f3cb839ecb75b639dce422a9 has fixed the issue with "make image".

make image V=s PROFILE=netgear_r7800 PACKAGES="iperf3" FILES=files/

Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libustream-wolfssl.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package wpad-basic-wolfssl.
Makefile:165: recipe for target 'package_install' failed
make[2]: *** [package_install] Error 255
Makefile:118: recipe for target '_call_image' failed
make[1]: *** [_call_image] Error 2
Makefile:240: recipe for target 'image' failed
make: *** [image] Error 2

Is there a way to turn up the verbosity for "make image" like we have for "make V=s"?

It hasn't, yet.
Imagebuilder uses binaries made by the buildbot, so it has no way to utilise that unmerged patch. (Your local source changes have no impact.)

Once the patch gets merged to OpenWrt sources and buildbot build new package versions, then the imagebuilder will get the fix.

1 Like

You haven't said you used the buildbot's ImageBuilder.

Thanks @hnyman for the clear explanation.

@hnyman

Will this fix show up as a commit in https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/openwrt.git;a=summary? The fix was approved 5 days ago but it still has not shown up in that commit list.

It will, once some core developer merges it to the repo.
@Pepe already reviewed it, so hopefully he also merges it in (to master and 22.03)

Nope, I am still not part of OpenWrt core members.

Hauke has merged the fix to both master and 22.03

2 Likes

@hnyman

I filed a bug for this problem:

Why now?
After the fix was alreday merged?

Note that the buidlbot will take some time to crunch the fixed packages for all targets, so the fix does not materialize in imagebuilder immediately but will take some hours.)

The issue was not about wolfssh-related packages. It's about the fact that the image-builder script should not attempt to download and install packages that are not needed.