Routing between PPPOE and LAN

I am new to OpenWRT and I think I am missing something obvious.

Have the x86 build installed on a PC that has 3 nics (only using 2 atm) and am trying to replace my router that is connected to my fibre connection (Spark Fibre in New Zealand)

I have setup the PPPOE on interface eth0.10 as per some recommendations from this site and connected it to the ONT and it appears to work. The link shows as up with connection time, and from the diagnostics and console I can ping openwrt.org.

On eth1 I have setup a LAN interface that I have connected to an ethernet switch. I have DHCP enabled here.

ip route shows default routes for each interface that appear to be created automatically.

My PC can acquire an address from the DCHP server, but cannot ping any external address (or name resolve).

What do I need to setup to route between the 2 interfaces. I looked at bridge, but that would seem to be exposing the internal LAN the the internet.

Post the output redacting the private parts:

uci show network; uci show firewall; uci show dhcp; \
head -v -n -0 /etc/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.* /tmp/resolv.*/*; \
ip address show; ip route show; ip rule show; iptables-save

Name your wan interface of proto pppoe exactly 'wan' (not 'WAN') and it should work right away since that name is already set up in the default firewall. The default firewall will take care of forwarding lan access to the Internet through wan with NAT.

Thanks I had renamed the interfaces. I just went in the Web interface and selected the pre-defined firewall rules, and all ok.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.