Router configuration problem - best practice

hi,
please help me in setting up my router.

I have a cable from nanostation gives me internet connection without the need to username and password.

when i attach it to LAN port, the router will be in access point mode BUT i will not be able to access the router login page.
when i change the gateway of the pc to the router address, i will be able to login to the router but no internet connection!!

please see the photos;
photo_2019-12-30_14-46-17 !

also, for this type of ISP, what is the correct type of internet connectio? is it static ip or what?

@mnewiraq, welcome to the community!

You failed to provide any information that can help.

• Does your ISP usually require a username and password?
  • If so, how did you disable it?
  • Do you mean WiFi or Ethernet?
  • Is there a configuration where you can access the web GUI?
  • What version of OpenWrt?
    • Is LuCI even installed?

So what's the other gateway?

What ISP?!?!

Also, your picture is incorrect, as 192.168.0.33 and 192.168.1.1 are not in the same subnet. The gateway is wrong.

Does your ISP usually require a username and password? * If so, how did you disable it?

yest, it does. but the user and password already entered in the below device
e4b347b8-8df5-4a76-aa60-abb1f530f144

Blockquote * Do you mean WiFi or Ethernet? * Is there a configuration where you can access the web GUI? * What version of OpenWrt? * Is LuCI even installed?

• wifi
  • i can access the router gui if set the pc gateway to the router ip address, 192.168.1.1
  • openwrt-18.06.5
  • LuCl, i am new to openwrt and i do not know if LUCI is installed or not.

So what's the other gateway?

the default gateway is 192.168.0.33, as in the photo

What ISP?!!?

the question is for the internet connection that i have, what is the most suitable router configuration?

You're not providing enough information. Let's try again:

• Provide the name of the ISP
  • Provide the PPPoE login details
  • Did you configure the WiFi and Ethernet on different Interfaces?
  • If so, did you change the firewall?
  • Can you provide the configs?

LuCI is the web GUI; what are you using to configure the device?

:man_facepalming:

This configuration is wrong. You cannot have a gateway in another subnet. Please explain what 192.168.0.33 is.

The default gateway and the IP address have to be in the same subnet. You have an IP adress in the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet and your gateway is in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.
By default OpenWRT sets 192.168.1.1 on the LAN interface. So on your computer you should set an address for instance: 192.168.1.10, default gateway:192.168.1.1 and DNS 192.168.1.1.
On your WAN set it as DHCP client.

In general you should leave your PC set for "obtain IP address automatically" (aka DHCP client) and set up the rest of the network so that it works properly that way.

A wireless ISP usually sets the unit they provide (a Customer Premises Equipment, or CPE) as a router, so you can connect one or more PCs to it with an Ethernet switch. If you want to install your own wifi there are two ways to go with it:

• Second router. Here you treat the CPE as simply part of the Internet. It is important that your router's LAN side uses a different IP range than the CPE issues. This setup is also called double NAT.
  • So called "dumb AP". Here your OpenWrt box acts as a wireless to wired converter. All addressing is controlled by the CPE.