Restore original FW on RP-WD03

Did you immediately hold the power after the transfer? Thats what I did at first which led me to that infinite blinking. I reflashed again but left it untouched after transfer. After that, the firmware worked shortly after the light blinked and stopped. So it looks like turning it off early, even after flashing it, corrupts the firmware.

You turned your router off before it was done flashing:

You have to wait for the device to reboot itself.

Hello badzz,
the link you mentioned is not working - any ideas?
http://dl.free.fr/oKZ0WEnre

cheers gegges11

I want to go back to the original firmware of my RP WD03 but didn't saved kernel and rootfs. OpenWrt is running but I have no use for the part and want to sell it. @badzz could you please provide the files to perform the rollback.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
Here you go to get the original firmware

http://dl.free.fr/o2HJ6Gzeh

Thanks

Hello, I'm using the RP-WD03 to backup my SD cards on a portable SSD with the feature SD Card Backup from the web interface. I was working fine until I updated the original firmware to the version 2.000.074 few days ago . Now the SD and SSD are not recognized from the web interface.
If someone has an older version of the original firmware, it will be very helpful. The website ravpower.com is not working anymore and I can’t find other versions.

@badzz Have you still the original firmware ? Your like with dl.free doesn't work anymore. Thanks!

1 Like

Did you ever find the original firmware?
I need this file(s) too

Thx

Hi, do you still have the firmware available to share? Otherwise I think my wd03 is bricked!

Thanks

Do you still have the do you have kernel and rootfs for WD03?

Download links don't work anymore

Thank you very much

I uploaded the files to GitHub here:

1 Like

HI @badzz

I just put OpenWRT on my WD03, but need to go back to the original firmware due to use the wifi repeater and DLNA functions.

The website and OpenWRT have removed their support pages for WD03.

How to get it back? I'm using a Mac and have access to a Win 10/11 laptop but no Linux.

Please help! And I'm totally useless on Linux, so please give a step by step guide, using Mac or Windows!

Thanks!

hey @tschortsch!

Thanks for the files, I downloaded them, but now I don't know what to do next.

@badzz & @tschortsch!
What is the procedure to flash the WD03 back to original firmware using these files?

Thanks!

What makes you think so?

1 Like

FYI, OpenWrt has that functionality too.

I tried, but its too steep a learning curve for me.

Sorry, i couldn't find it.

@lleachii although I would like to learn how to do it. if you can provide some guidelines on how to do it, I would appreciate the kindness. Maybe some trial and error would get me there!
Thanks!

Is it possible to have a step by step guide to restore the original firmware?

1 Like

I've attempted the above..
As well as used 7-zip to extract the Kernel & rootfs..
With that I used Tftpd64 app to upload to my WD03 (I own 2 - one stock & one with Openwrt v21.02.2)..

Yet when uploading the stock FW on the Owrt version to revert back to stock. It just hangs at a constant blue wifi flash for hour's..

Still have the stock one with FW 2.000.074 installed..
However I have not been able to extract the blocks with this script (guide) posted here.
Even tried multiple boot variations with the stock version & just unable to extract the mtd clusters to the SDxc card (even tried via USB) while using the above script suggestion :person_facepalming:t3:..
With different formats as well (NTSC, exFat, ext4, ext)..

Side note, Openwrt version 23.05.0 works on this little beast. Yet the availability of space is very limited.
Plus you loose about 5MBs of Ram compared to the dependable v21.02.2 Openwrt FW I've been running all month..

Even USB & SDxc is still not able to work on this little guy no matter what packages I use (I've followed many guides)..

Anyways, just my insite on this little old beast..

I to am curious if anyone is able to do a small updated mini guide to this (much appreciated) and on reverting to stock & possibly have a better insite on usb/SD mounting.

Being this is so old now I'm sure it would help many to just have a custom image available for us folks who seem to not to be able to comprehend how to get this guy working correctly. Be it stock or with a build of Openwrt..

My wrt version works fine other then the sd/usb issues (kmods & usb utilities just are not cutting it) even exroot is an issue as that's all I really wanted to do to this device as well as possible getting Samba to work & the "Travelmate" package..

:person_shrugging:t2:

This is the main guide I followed when I started out :point_down:..
Of witch all went well until I came to "mkfs.ext4 ${DEVICE}".. Even pre-formatted to ext4 still does not show within "Block info" nor within the "Mount" tab part. As it just won't see the SD or USB...
So the rest of the guide is of little help at least on my end..
Shame too, yet it's making me feel my age & rather dumb :confused:..

I'll try this within the coming day's :point_down: